Krath's Touch is Out of Control

Started by Miradus, February 23, 2018, 01:39:01 PM

Was there a secret change made to heat code or something? Because it seems that Krath's Touch is out of control. Certainly out of control when I get it while shopping in Luir's.

If there are areas of the Luir's OUTDOOR MARKET that are coded as outdoor rooms, that might be part of it.

Water level probably affects it.
General Heat Level probably affects it.

I haven't been Touched in a while, but when I last was, I did deserve it.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

There has DEFINITELY been a change. I don't know whether it was a deliberate change or not, but it's pretty brutal.

Quote from: Riev on February 23, 2018, 01:51:33 PM
If there are areas of the Luir's OUTDOOR MARKET that are coded as outdoor rooms, that might be part of it.

Water level probably affects it.
General Heat Level probably affects it.

I haven't been Touched in a while, but when I last was, I did deserve it.

I can go afk sitting in the shade somewhere and come back 20 minutes later and see that I got touched and then recovered multiple times without doing anything but resting in the shade.

Traveling around outside I'm going to get it at about the same rate. It's happening in the north, the south, the grasslands, and the Pah.

Maybe older characters aren't as susceptible? But my newer ones ... brutal.

This should have been fixed in yesterday's hotfix release.  Has it happened today?
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

I have been outdoors and hell raising all day. Haven't seen it today.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: nessalin on February 23, 2018, 02:26:22 PM
This should have been fixed in yesterday's hotfix release.  Has it happened today?

Only the once, but I'd say it was a bit of a more legitimate situation. I'd ran out of water and didn't bother to get more since I was headed for a source in the wilderness. But the Krath's touch took effect as soon as I walked out of the bar in Luir's and I was getting "waves of nausea" by the time I reached the water source.

I brought it up after seeing it over the past week on multiple characters and didn't read the release notes indicating it was being worked on.

Thank You NESSSSS!!!!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

February 23, 2018, 02:44:58 PM #8 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:17:53 PM by boog
Yes. Thanks, ness.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

*blames it on defilers*
Veteran Newbie

Just to clear things up...I do not touch without consent first.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.