Question about new Main Classes

Started by Krath, February 22, 2018, 10:27:07 PM

February 22, 2018, 10:27:07 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:37:48 PM by Krath
Hello,

I will keep this short and simple.

The New Classes that are in Beta testing, was this a request from players or a decision made by the supreme overlords? I am wondering what problem we are trying to solve by introducing classes, that could arguably be extended subguilds.

If there is a thread please link me to it! Found the link.

Thank you,

Krath
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Very few decisions are made at the Producer level that are requested by players. Perhaps we were the impetus, but we don't get much of a say. When it came to the "new Guilds", they have been talked about for years and years and years, and still aren't out yet anyway.

The problem they were trying to solve, was to have more than just a handful of options for a main guild, when we have a quadrillion subguilds.

As with all things staff side, I'm certain it was just one staff with the ability, and drive, to make a change and nobody stopped them.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I read your question and responses and thought I'd like to address the concerns. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and while I don't want to invalidate your feeling, I want to reassure you that you may be misreading this situation.

The guild revamp has been done with a great deal of thought and care, over a period of years, by talented people (plural.) At each step staff as a whole have given feedback. So, this didn't happen in a dark and locked room.The latest push is the has fallen to Brokkr,who is  lavishing it with love.

Why? Why mess with the guilds? Why now? For years people have asked for a system with more choice and fluidity. That has been the impetus. We're looking at providing a better experience.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Sounds like you found the links, but here are some links:

Original pitch to the playerbase:
http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,52438.0.html

Announcement for beta test players:
http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,53139.msg1000478.html#msg1000478

Player/Staff meeting where a lot of questions about the new Classes came up (with staff answers):
http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,53140.msg1000484.html#msg1000484

Selected feedback on the Guilds from beta testers:
http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,52438.msg1001617.html#msg1001617

There might be others, but that's what I remembered.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Renenutet on February 23, 2018, 12:23:44 PM
I read your question and responses and thought I'd like to address the concerns. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and while I don't want to invalidate your feeling, I want to reassure you that you may be misreading this situation.

The guild revamp has been done with a great deal of thought and care, over a period of years, by talented people (plural.) At each step staff as a whole have given feedback. So, this didn't happen in a dark and locked room.The latest push is the has fallen to Brokkr,who is  lavishing it with love.

Why? Why mess with the guilds? Why now? For years people have asked for a system with more choice and fluidity. That has been the impetus. We're looking at providing a better experience.

Renenutet,

Thank you for your response. If my statement at the end of my question came off dickish, that was not my intent.

You answers, in addition to Nauta's posted links have given me the explanation I sought.

Thank you and the team for your drive to continue to evolve our world.

Krath
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.