your 'friends list'

Started by 650Booger, February 22, 2018, 06:16:40 PM

I keep an excel sheet, with characters I know, pertinent things I'm supposed to be on the lookout for, dates/times for RPTs.

When I lose a character, I move the sheet to my logs folder to keep it with all the other character related things.

Sometimes I go back through and read them, especially things like special promotions for my longer lived PCs.
3/21/16 Never Forget

According to the biography helpfile,
Quote... This is not an electronic sticky pad to jot down ideas, thoughts, or things to remember. ...

So I'm not sure keeping a bio to record people your PC knows is allowed.

What I do, personally, is keep an alias in my MUD client, recognize. I use it like recognize Amos - the tall, muscular man. The name and s-desc is stored in a file and a substitution is made to change all matches of "the tall, muscular man" to "the tall, muscular man (Amos)". I delete or move the file away once my PC is dead. Whether or not the name is stored, I'll have my PC forget the name if it makes sense to.

I don't keep anything anymore.

If my PC forgets what your PC's name is it's because they rarely speak. If my PC doesn't know your PCs name it's because he didn't ask or didn't get told.