Not a new player but.....

Started by Bast, February 12, 2018, 01:50:48 PM

Thinking about coming back to arm. I haven't played in over a year nearly two. I don't have the time I once did now that I am a mom. Any recommendations on good things to play for a casual player?
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: Bast on February 12, 2018, 01:50:48 PM
Thinking about coming back to arm. I haven't played in over a year nearly two. I don't have the time I once did now that I am a mom. Any recommendations on good things to play for a casual player?

A warrior or ranger in a coded tribe like the elves or Arabet/Seik. If you're around with other people you almost always can get out and hunt with them and nobody will complain if you have to quit ooc suddenly. It's a small group to interact with, but it's a tight group usually. Even if they're roleplaying being angry with you for some reason, they're still your ingame fam.

Penned Gladiator, in addition to whatever else you choose.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Penned are nice for short, simple interaction and getting your combat emoting on.

Are you concerned about low playtimes, or the need to leave quickly? If you might have to take off for a crying child, I'd avoid anything that is combat focused. Maybe a simple pickpocket, or an artisanal crafter of fine jewelry. Or see if you can make a PC Cenyrian.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Welcome back!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Hi, Bast! I know your struggle, and it is very real!

I recommend liberal use of 'quit ooc' and roles that probably won't die from looking away from the screen for a few minutes at a time. Congratulations, enjoy the fun, and good luck!

Welcome back!

Things actually happen in Storm now (or they used to, last year) due directly to player actions, and being a tailor is still a nice, cushy job you don't have to go outside for.

As far as I know, the merchant houses in Allanak haven't blown up, but now you'd know that they fired their hunters and/or turned them into inside-the-gates guardsmen instead (correct me if I'm wrong.) This has led directly to more materials for crafters to work with (due to purchasing from outside the clan) and more roleplay with the former hunters not being gone all the time, getting you those two pale grey feathers a game day to work with.

I always have vnpc family in some form to run off to when the real one needs me. Always a good excuse.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

thanks for the input guys! I have a few ideas...also sending the Valentine Kudos is a great idea. I have several people try and lure be back over the last 21ish months but I got a Kuddo for a PC I loved who's death really stung and it really made me feel appreciated. I have no idea who it was from but it totally made my day and got me thinking about playing again. 
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Kudos are important. They show you the directions in which your efforts are best applied as part of the community. I can find fun roles, but I need community input to know which of my fun roles are fun for other people.

Ironically, I get the most kudos from people I have killed.