Cabinet Magazine Article

Started by ShaiHulud, February 07, 2018, 02:39:18 AM

Brilliant, and inspiring. What a kudos to the years spent to make this incredible game.  :)
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

If all of the tidbits of background on Arm, (i.e. The fact it was the first MUD to be an RPI.) are true, it makes me just that much more proud to be part of such a long lived thing. Heres to 27 years of fabulousness.

It was a wonderful read! I think it's a bit funny, but the primary effect it had on me was for me to think back to myself in... 1994, let's say, and to try and imagine what was happening in Zalanthas all that time ago. Being that it's outside the lifespan of any PC, it just makes that sort of pondering on the subject feel incredibly bizarre to me. But even though I MUDded for over a decade before coming to Arm, this article and its perspective made me that much happier to be here!

Also, the pipe. My goodness, the pipe.

That was a great article.  Someone who gets it.

Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

If I find that damned pipe in game I'm going to cry.

The description of Cabinet magazine is just as confusing as Armageddon tends to be for newbies.

Cabinet is an award-winning quarterly magazine of art and culture based in New York that confounds expectations of what is typically meant by the words "art," "culture," and sometimes even "magazine." Its hybrid sensibility merges the popular appeal of an arts periodical, the visually engaging style of a design magazine, and the in-depth exploration of a scholarly journal to create a sourcebook of ideas for an eclectic international audience of readers, from artists and designers to scientists, philosophers, and historians.

???
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Fantastic read.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

I may subscribe.  At least so I have a copy of this.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC