February Valenkudos

Started by Rahnevyn, February 01, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

February 01, 2018, 02:11:14 PM Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:52:28 PM by Rahnevyn
February is the month of love.

I have one simple request of you all, my dear Valentines...

<3 SEND KUDOS <3

Specifically, we would love if over the next four weeks, each and every one of you would send at least one kudos request to a player you've really enjoyed playing with over your time here.

In the past, players who have taken a break and received kudos for a past character have come back to the game. So please, don't just think about characters your current PC interacts with; take some time to remember that really awesome character you saw last month or last year, or ten years ago(!), and send them a nice note thanking them for being awesome. As long as you remember a name or an sdesc (ideally both for fastest resolution), I pledge to do my part to see your kudos are delivered.

In the month of January we resolved 33 Player Kudos requests. I would like to set a modest goal and at least double that this month. Will you help?
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

By my count we have already surpassed the number of kudos sent in the entire month of January. Thanks to everyone taking part!

A few kudos have gone out to characters from as far back as 2015. This is awesome. Please don't feel limited to only kudosing recent characters.

The best kudos are thoughtful and detailed. You don't have to write a love letter or a novel, but it's great to have bit of "meat" on the message, maybe 3 to 4 lines. Tell the recipient what inspired you about their character, or what was memorable, interesting, mysterious, or how you loved the way they screwed you over. Merely getting the numbers high is not the point of Valenkudos; we'd love to see 5 really well written kudos vs. 10 or 15 one-liners.

In one kudos we resolved, the recipient was called a "bastard jerk" in the most complimentary way possible. These are things that only happen on Armageddon. Keep them coming!

February 13, 2018, 11:06:30 PM #2 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:44:14 AM by Rahnevyn
You guys are all awesome. By my count, 105 kudos requests have gone out this month to date. This absolutely shatters my goal, and is the most kudos sent in a single month for as far back as I care to look.

A few fun Kudo Facts:

• The most kudosed role appears to be Byn Sergeants. Turns out we love our shitcloak leaders all the way down the Shield Wall.
  • The oldest character to receive a kudos thus far was created in the year 2000.
  • More than one character has been kudosed without the sender even knowing precisely who they were kudosing. Here's to you, strange shadows and other anonymous types.
  • We've seen more than one player return from an Armageddon break because somebody sent them some love. Keep it up!

February isn't over, so keep the kudos coming! Send kudos to players who got you hooked on the game, leaders you thought were especially awesome and dedicated, and characters who organized RPTs you loved. Send kudos to your characters' lovers, enemies, and even people who gave you a really good death. As long as they are sincere, and follow the guidelines above, I am happy to be your kudos cupid.

PS: Armageddon Valentines