What are the ways in which you die to PCs?

Started by Eyeball, January 29, 2018, 09:50:32 AM

Me:

1. Templar ordering soldiers to cut my character down.

2. Death by arrow.

3. Death by arrow.

4. Chopped down by a Tuluki dwarf in the battle of the flying volcano.

1. Peraine'd by steak found lying around on the road. Found by noble and her minions. Get blamed for noble passing out, get murderized after lengthy discussion by the minions.

2. Someone practicing backstabbing in the rinth on my brand-new PC. Thought it was an NPC until I read my account notes.

3. Absolutely awesome but too recent.  Someone made sure that I had a good time, and absolutely sure that my character would end up dead.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

January 29, 2018, 11:43:22 AM #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:01:28 PM by nauta
This is kind of fun.  Turns out I die a lot to PCs.

1. Invited over for a threesome.  Apartment murdered by the jealous boyfriend whilst en flagrante with the girlfriend.  (Only murder where both me and the murderer were buck naked.)

2. Told to "kill that elf" in the rinth by another elf.  I tried.

3. 0day PC volunteered to fight in the Arena against the Corporal in the Arm for a large.  Two-shotted.

4. Murdered in the rinth by some sort of shadow gick.

5. Invited by His Arm back to the jails to help in their investigation into rumors of a raider.
Accused of smuggling and murdered.

6. Invited to a friend's apartment to help sort leaves.  Friend declares there is a bounty on my head and murderizes me.

7. Harrassed an aide to a templar on my SR by telling her stories of our people over the way. Non-stop.  Busted while drunk in Allanak by the AoD.  Fell flat on my face.  Unable to speak sirihish, and failed my interview check in the interview room at the jails.  Killed by soldiers.

8. Failed an unlatch check on an urn held by a strange PC, grabbed by guards, hauled off to jail.  Epic interview, accused of being the main Guild boss and executed after the templar found my bribe of a single rat meat pie unsatisfactory.

9. Lured into a trap in the alleys.  Heramide knife to the face, revenge slaying by some sort of gick.

10. Heramide arrow to the neck by an ashlayer.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Noble Themed Ones:

1. Drawn into Borsail estate by loving cousin and the insistence of senior nobles to give an apology for kicking some spoiled rich kid out of the Tor Academy.
2. Told by a Borsail noble that if my PC didn't come see him in the Borsail estate that he'd kill them. He killed my PC in his personal bedroom for some reason.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

The times I can remember:

- Chased after some kidnapped girl into the 'rinth as a militia recruit. Got killed after I freaked out after being attacked and try to run away.
- Templar'd.
- Templar'd while linkdead.
- Templar'd again.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Starve to death during Mudsex.
What?
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Quote from: Renenutet on January 29, 2018, 03:13:17 PM
What?

Oh god my sides. Please, you have to elaborate how this happened!
If they can lift inix with their stubby claws they can lift my fat ass with their beefy backs - Eves #TameableSiltFlyers

Quote from: Envy on January 29, 2018, 03:15:02 PM
What?

You know how it goes.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Quote from: Renenutet on January 29, 2018, 03:16:21 PM
Quote from: Envy on January 29, 2018, 03:15:02 PM
What?

You know how it goes.

YOU ARE VERY HUNGRYYYYY!
If they can lift inix with their stubby claws they can lift my fat ass with their beefy backs - Eves #TameableSiltFlyers

As you lie there on the floor, dying from malnutrition, desperate for a morsel of food, or a drop of a water, the busty, smooth-skinned whore says to you, in sirihish:
    "Hahah so thirsty"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Making a deal to have a Byn sergeant Assassinated, meets someone in a Redstorm apartment.  Perrained and dead.

Had an elf get the plague and go to the Viv temple to be cured, waiting in there is a half giant who tells my elf to stay away from him.  Elf says "I had a cousin that was stupid like you".  Bashed one shotted.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I haven't had a whole lot of really good pk deaths. Here's the two I liked the best though:

1. Fireballed to death by a Templar outside of Red Storm. Glorious death.

2. Attacked a rogue gick on the side of a cliff and we both fell. He got up before I did and ended me. Craziest, riskiest thing I ever did with a character and it NEARLY paid off. :)

January 29, 2018, 06:36:04 PM #12 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:52:17 AM by Hauwke
I  was a newbie, went to that cave everyone mysteriously knows about, talked to a guy who suggested we spar. He killed me, even though I said it was just a spar.

God I was a terrible newbie.

My favorite of all time:
WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?
"lord fancypants!"
WHAT DOES HE HAVE YOU DO?!
"...grebbing"
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
"But really grebbing"
*murderised after intense scene*
I am, to this day convinced lord fancypants hired my PC because he was insane and amusing. ::)
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

es sunslits;throw sunslits templar...Mantis
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: nauta on January 29, 2018, 11:43:22 AM
executed after the templar found my bribe of a single rat meat pie unsatisfactory

;D

Oh, fun.

1. Stalked a known pychopathic half-giant that was after her Rinth boss.  One/two stab pierces in the dark was unsuccessful as a guerrilla tactic.
2. "Liberated" a stump's mount while he was fighting oxen. He got mad.
3. A half-giant in the Arena yelling about the Highlord in the Arena got under my PC's skin. Using the first obscene word in my hearing ever, (for her) , she said  "F*** the Highlord," in good northern sirihish. Unanimously voted to death.

Since then, it's been back to beasties and soldiers ringing my ding.

Too many individual events to mention. Beaten to death, backstabbed, poisoned, Magicked (directly), Magicked (indirectly), ambushed, pushed in a hole/well, left behind in a dangerous place, stretched apart and whipped to death but I think the most perplexing deaths has been when my characters were lied about and set up to take the fall for other PCs. Most of these also can be combined.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

What?

Death by Snu snu
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

1. Nooblar'd
2. Northern Templar wanted to show off kung-fu, missed me, one-shotted by his 50 day HG bodyguard instead
3. Throat slit on my serial killer Vivaduan by BadSkeelz
4. Sap'd by some guy who "shifted uncomfortably" when I revealed was a magicker. Deserved it.
5. One-eyed Byn Sergeant left mercy off in sparring
6. Thrown out of Tuluk with sun tattoo on my forehead, thrown in the Arena for in Allanak for giving up a Byn Sergeant's name in Tuluki interrogation cells
7. My hilarious-strength gith got killed by twinky d-elves, unremarkable

Hehehe, #4.

This happened about a year ago and I'm not sure everyone is dead so I'll leave out some names ...

A certain noble was going to pay me to enslave any rogue gicks for him. I had negotiated this through his aide.

So one night I sapped out an elf gick in the street and the guy is laying unconscious in the street. I call the aide via the Way that I got one for them and the aide and the noble show up at a dead run with their house guards.

The noble says they don't pay for ELVES. So for about five minutes the aide and I are arguing about it until the noble loses their temper and yells at us to stop. Meanwhile the elf has regained consciousness and jumps up, bare-ass naked because I stripped them of everything, and TAKES OFF RUNNING down the street.

So I look east where the elf ran, and the aide looks east, and the noble looks east, and then the noble says, completely deadpan, "They're getting away."

I haven't had a lot of Arm moments where I had to step away from the keyboard because I was laughing so hard, but that was one of them. :)

killed for running naked down the street, totally wasn't my fault.

February 05, 2018, 02:02:54 PM #22 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:10:38 PM by Classclown
1.Fell into the hole north of Allanak while out riding and miraculously survived the fall, but nearly starved. Surprisingly, I was found and led out by a Red Fang member, who also managed to get my mount off a ledge, and taken back to the city. I joined the Byn, had many crazy adventures and then years later... auto-followed someone over the edge and fell back down into the same damn hole and this time died.

2. Got dragged up to the top of some building, I think in the Gemmed quarter, and dropped, over and over, on the order of a  Templar. Think I was healed in between drops. Survived one drop without being knocked out. Managed to hobble off and hide. Freedom! But no, because I trusted someone a week later who said they'd help me get out of the city and instead they turned me over to the same Templar who had me cuddled. Fun Times!

(eta: I know following someone into the hole isn't exactly pk, but it sort of is, or was.)

I have not figured out a way to kill somebody against their will, nor be killed without my own tacit agreement
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Quote from: 650Booger on February 05, 2018, 02:31:11 PM
I have not figured out a way to kill somebody against their will, nor be killed without my own tacit agreement

It's got to be either ambush or a closed room kill. Ambush meaning sap or backstab, closed room meaning anywhere you can guard the exit out. Guard as in they can't open a door or curtain or rock or whatever the closable entrance is.

You CAN kill people out in the street or the wilds but there generally has to be a large power disparity for that to happen. Any real combatant is going have a good enough defense to get away before you can beat them to death and the skill to know when to run.