What are the ways in which you die to PCs?

Started by Eyeball, January 29, 2018, 09:50:32 AM

Quote from: Classclown on February 05, 2018, 02:02:54 PM

2. Got dragged up to the top of some building, I think in the Gemmed quarter, and dropped, over and over, on the order of a  Templar. Think I was healed in between drops.

Lol. I remember this.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Traveled solo to Red Storm with my special-app teenage mutant ninja turtle (so proud of her gem! so certain that she would gloriously kill a northern templar someday). Met a mysterious friendly woman who walked me around the marketplace for 45 minutes helping me sell my scavenged stuff. She had some kind of super interesting business she wanted my help with, so we...

...yeah, I followed a Nilazi into a locked apartment.

Kudos to Fathi for an inspiring death.

I don't think I even had a weapon.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Executed by Salarri boss for being found with picks.
Ambushed while robbing an apartment. I had moved something the day before when scoping it out, and the fucker caught on and set a trap.

I store way too much.
3/21/16 Never Forget

February 09, 2018, 03:45:25 AM #29 Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:16:55 AM by Inks
I could have attempted to kill Torgun once but I got skeered.

Executed by Byn Sarge once.

Had the misfortune of accidentally having to kill a soldier NPC in Tuluk due to hunger meaning I couldn't flee.  ::) Eventually got psi templar ganked.

Celf warrior kept running in and bashing me in front of guild npcs westside then running out when the npcs aggroed before running back in and bashing me again on my new assassin, while saying "fuck you" over and over in lower case no punctuation, only death that made me actually laugh out loud at the ridiculousness.

Idiot soldier used combat command during whipping scene once causing HG gank.

Best friend killed me while unconscious once.

Gith got terradinned by a SR dressed as gith, took 15 minutes to die. Good times though.

Dwarf got instablasted by SR fireballs.

Think that is it. :) So about 16% of my deaths are PK. I appreciate not dying to NPCs or falling asleep at my keyboard most of the time.

Quote from: Miradus on January 29, 2018, 06:18:36 PM

1. Fireballed to death by a Templar outside of Red Storm. Glorious death.

Looking forward to being able to talk about this once more time has passed.  Badass.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Sorcerer'd
Rukkian'd
Templar'd
Mindbender'd
Assassin'd
D-elf'd
Suicide'd (hey, I'm a PC too)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I have indirectly caused pcs to be killed by other pcs, pretty much by virtue of being alive. I suppose I could have been less involved in their deaths, though.

The latest time was about more than a year ago when I handed an elf that was dying of thirst an empty waterskin by accident.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Tell me you don't think that's funny.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

'The' mantis (There used to be a VERY special mantis out there in the north....)

An emo avatar of crazy sorcerous powers (maybe drov or nilaz I don't remember) - Snooped said being's tower too much looking for someone else.

Winrothol house purge - Yup. Probably a lot like what it sounds like.

Gank on the north road - My vivaduan dragon thrall was surprised to see a large number of soldiers come through a nilaz portal together.

Killed in the dragon sworn camp - I had a dragon thrall mage helping construct a certain place with a bunch of shady shit going on, and I went into a place i wasn't supposed to apparently to ask for water but saw a PC apparently I wasn't supposed to so they just murdered me.

Copper wars / Kazar - My boy spammed directions too fast for me to re-mount when we saw a bunch of Tuluki soldiers coming, so I got to watch and wait while they rolled up on me because I wasn't mounted for our flight back west (the others kept going without me). Humiliated the first guy that engaged me then got the spam death.

Templars.

February 14, 2018, 06:49:23 PM #35 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:54:30 PM by Inks
Quote from: Cind on February 10, 2018, 04:48:19 AM
Tell me you don't think that's funny.

Is but this is ways you died to players not ways you pk'd.  :P

QuoteSurprisingly, I was found and led out by a Red Fang member, who also managed to get my mount off a ledge, and taken back to the city.

I remember that.

I have only had maybe two righteous deaths to PK. One a legit betrayal on the north road span...pretty badass.
Other then those it has been, Newplar....Um...Newplar....keyword error and...I think that is it.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I remember being a newbie on the North Road and getting instaganked by a raider because I had instarunned-away from him about ten minutes prior. I deserved that. When you're new, you don't really know Armageddon etiquette.

Other guy, I don't have the temperment to play a Templar so have never applied.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Ive wanted to try to be a Templar, honestly I think I would do a good noble,if not a Templar at the very least.

I would be the most frivolous Fale!

I was just looking at some old bios. Ten years ago I played a rinthi Half-Giant that ended up thrown in the arena after being deceived by a bunch of elves that he though were his best friends. That was probably the most enjoyable PKish death I've had.

I had another arena death in 2008, an escaped mul that was recaptured, games were hosted to promote selling him off, but he died in a training accident in between.

15 or more years ago, one of my first characters, a t'zai byn dwarf that spoke in the newb scottish accent died when he attacked a PC templar outside the Trader's Inn over some small argument.

I attacked a templar with at least one other dwarf and was handily killed.

A notable one was when Mansa poisoned my Borsaili Mul, he was playing a Blackmoon spy in Borsail's ranks.

I've been fireballed, teleported then murderd, magickally paralyzed and killed at least twice, arrowed, gang beaten (I've played a lot of solo outlaws with bad judgement over the years), HG bash-killed, backstabbed, and tortured to death.

PvP is the most thrilling part of this game, and the most dramatic rp you can get.

I was reviewing my character notes to remember who died to what and I stumbled onto this email from Morgenes. I am ... so so proud of myself.

In reviewing the logs we noticed that you (as Avell) have been giving the Giant's Fist host the name 'BerklovesTuluk' as your name. Please refrain from doing this as it is silly and breaks immersion. It would be the same as giving names like 'SeymourButts'. This has been noted on your account, but no other change has taken place.

Morgenes Producer: Armageddon Staff

Thats an amusing, if pretty silly thing to have on your notes.

I once fell from a roof, and got knocked out, as you do. Then, a minute or so left to go on my stun timer a dude stole my boots, emoted it out a teeny bit then stabbed my face in or something. I was so salty at that I stopped playing for a little bit.

Im sure being ordered to go on a patrol outside the gates as Militia is up there on the death reason.  :P