Armageddon Achievements

Started by Is Friday, January 14, 2018, 06:19:26 PM

January 14, 2018, 06:19:26 PM Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:07:26 AM by Is Friday
I'll add the best ones to the original post. GO.

Quote from: Mansa
"Oh shit, don't look!"
I've ended up in an unfinished zone.

Quote from: Veselka
"The Multi-Tasker"
Carry on a perfectly normal Way conversation while banging someone else.

"I Prefer Walking"
Leave a city with your mount hitched, or resting in the stables accidentally, and only realize you walked the whole time when you are too exhausted to move further.

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise
"What's Yer Poison?"
Be afflicted by 5 ailments at once.

"The Ultimate Handwave"
Don't sleep for an entire in-game year.

"Is Gortok An Instrument?"
Sing while the target of at least 3 enemies.

"Never Shoulda Come Here"
Successfully fend off an assailant in an area or home you own.

Quote from: KittenLicks
"I hate bugs"
Hit your own beetle while trying to kill a drov beetle.

"You looked like a carru"
Accidentally attempt to murder one of your friends because they had an animal name as a keyword.

"Dirt poor"
Try to give someone coins in the stables and end up having to awkwardly toss them on the ground instead.

Quote from: LucildaHunta
"Butterfingers!"
Fall into the last hole on the way home because you hit the wrong key.

"Byn there, done that!"
Enter the 'rinth wearing your Byn cloak, go to a known guild hangout, play dumb.

Quote from: Armaddict
"Money Talks, Elves Don't"
As an elf, get a noble to pay for their own assassination

Quote from: Bushranger
"A Proper Mercenary"
Fall off the Shield Wall or down a hole in the desert with a T'zai Byn Unit.

Quote from: Grogerif
"Suicide watch"
Have five characters in a row that live less then five hours, but greater then three.

Quote from: Namino
"Shadow of the Colossus"
As a 0 karma race,  reel an npc weighing ten times your weight.

Quote from: Pale Horse
"Hold my beer!"
Ruin the Staff run plot line.

Quote from: Cabooze
"Justified Accusations"
Witness another player's character get insta-killed by a staff "animation".

Quote from: James de Monet
"Star-Crossed Lovers"
Accidentally "kiss" someone you're trying to "kill".  (This doesn't happen anymore after a code change, but it was funny back in the day.)

"The Full Monty"
Accidentally whip off your pants in public, due to keyword problems.

"I am invinci-"
Die with no weapon in your hands.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I've ended up in an unfinished zone.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The Multi-Tasker - Carry on a perfectly normal Way conversation while banging someone else

The Royal Multi-Tasker - Carry on a perfectly normal Way conversation with a Noble or Templar, while banging someone else

The Royal Under-Tasker - Carry on a perfectly normal Way conversation, while banging a Noble or Templar.

The Great Expulsion - Expel over 6 people at once from your mind, simultaneously

I Prefer Walking - Leave a city with your mount hitched, or resting in the stables accidentally, and only realize you walked the whole time when you are too exhausted to move further.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

What's Yer Poison? - Be afflicted by 5 ailments at once.

Glutton for Punishment - Get your max HP beneath 50.

The Ultimate Handwave - Don't sleep for an entire in-game year.

Is Gortok An Instrument? - Sing while the target of at least 3 enemies.

Never Shoulda Come Here - Successfully fend off an assailant in an area or home you own.
Lizard time.

I hate bugs - Hit your own beetle while trying to kill a drov beetle.

You looked like a carru. - Accidentally attempt to murder one of your friends because they had an animal name as a keyword.

Dirt poor - Try to give someone coins in the stables and end up having to awkwardly toss them on the ground instead.

I'm not a thief, I swear! - Use the wrong syntax trying to pick a flower and end up looking extremely suspicious to everyone around.

Welcome to Armageddon! - Die.

"Butterfingers!"- survive a bunch of harrowing experiences in the wastes, only to fall into the last hole on the way home because you hit the wrong key.

"Byn there, done that!" - enter the 'rinth wearing your Byn cloak, go to a known guild hangout, play dumb.

"Tales of the unexpected" - have your bestie drop the bombshell telling you she slept with your bae and reply, "Good! I was trying to find a way to break up with him! Thanks!"
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

Money Talks, Elves Don't - As an elf, get a noble to pay for their own assassination
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

A Proper Mercenary - Fall off the Shield Wall or down a hole in the desert with a T'zai Byn Unit.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

"Better, faster, stronger" - As a human, knock out a mul in an unarmed spar.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

Suicide watch: Have five characters in a row that live less then five hours, but greater then three.

Shadow of the Colossus - as a 0 karma race,  reel an npc weighing ten times your weight.

"Hold my beer!" - Ruin the DM's a Staff run plot line.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

January 15, 2018, 12:01:32 AM #12 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:10:31 AM by Cabooze
Justified Accusations - Witness another player's character get insta-killed by a staff "animation". (regardless if they get resurrected after)

RNG - Be killed (or nearly) by an NPC (or PC) you've been devastating during combat. NPC (or PC) must be near-death and you must be sent running (or killed) from initially being above "moderate condition" health.

<-- I with stupid - Be part of a plot that ended in everything going to shit because someone done a 'stupid'.

"I meant to do that"
-Make entirely IC logical but big mistakes due to typos.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

"Star-Crossed Lovers"
Accidentally "kiss" someone you're trying to "kill".  (This doesn't happen anymore after a code change, but it was funny back in the day.)

"The Full Monty"
Accidentally whip off your pants in public, due to keyword problems.

"I am invinci-"
Die with no weapon in your hands.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

January 15, 2018, 03:44:17 AM #16 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:10:57 AM by Is Friday
Damn, these are good. Okay, updating with 1-3 each.

"Jerry! Jerry!"
Have your NPC spouse walk in on your PC getting dirty with another PC.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

"Fat Finger"
Accidentally hold down 'return/enter' and spam more than one of the same emote.

"I swear it's true!"
You have visited a place in the Known so amazing, nobody believes you.

"World Traveller"
Travel to every city and outpost in the Known.

"Who needs cities?"
Find at least three caves outside the city you can quit in.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

"Death of a Thousand Cuts"
Be killed by a jozhal.

"Sea You Later!"
Walk into the Silt Sea and die.

"Nature of the Beast"
As a mul, kill your own mount during a moment of rage.

"My, What Almond Eyes You Have"
As a human-passing breed, join a humans only clan.

"Curiosity Killed the Kiyet"
Drink the mysterious fuming fluid.

"...So What Now?"
Get locked in someone's apartment after they quit unexpectedly/go linkdead.

"Clever Girl"
Make a witty movie reference about raptors that surely no one has ever heard before.

"The Obsidian-Haired, Knife-Nosed Templar"
Mistarget a noble or templar in your emote.

Wanted: Get a bounty placed on your character.

Infamous: Get a bounty of ten thousand coins or more placed on your character.

Criminal Mastermind: Get a bounty of ten thousand coins or more placed on your character while being a mundane guild and subguild, a 0 karma race, and a non special app role.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

Hiker: Walk from red storm to morin's without using roads or stopping in civilized areas.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

ONE POINTY BOI: Get murdered by elves.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW:
Get killed by content you helped put into the game.

THE DUNES HAVE EYES:
Get crimflagged in the wilderness

IT IS...PRECIOUS TO ME:
Wear an enchanted ring

RNG FAIL:
Using Teleport, arrive in a room with aggressive NPC's
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on January 15, 2018, 01:52:18 PM
YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW:
Get killed by content you helped put into the game.

Oh man, this one is legendary status.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.