Recommended or Good Color Schemes?

Started by Fernandezj, January 07, 2018, 02:49:01 PM

Does anyone have any recommended or good color schemes?

Mine just looks like garbage and I would like to know if there are popular sets or if someone has one they really like.

I have a black background.

I honestly just use the default settings on my MUSHClient and make sure to turn Emphasis On. The only stuff I have trouble with is Whispers because of the grey, but it does me well enough.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I turned on the default colors, then removed most of them except for room names, exits, and the characters in rooms. The combat color defaults was killing me.  I only use a slightly darker grey for "other" people's combat, and use the two shades of red for hits on/by me.

I also have highlights for a few specific phrases which I pulled from Nauta's tintin++ config guide. (e.g. "drop your own weapon instead")  https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php?topic=50400.0

I also use the "speech" highlighting (cyan) from Nauta's script, but it could probably be done in the MUD settings too I would have to look.

Here's my current export

change color none
change color fg_room_name 179
change color fg_room_exits 186
change color fg_object 247
change color fg_char 109

The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I use MushClient, when I started out damage values in combat were yellow now everything is grey, don't know how to change it back. Anyone got any tips?