Author Topic: Legal for commoners to read and write in Red Storm?  (Read 1927 times)

Grapes

Re: Legal for commoners to read and write in Red Storm?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »
unlatch bag MUL GANK SQUAD.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

sleepyhead

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 09:36:11 AM »

Thank goodness THAT'S fixed. It never happened to me but I heard the horror stories.

Grapes

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »

Thank goodness THAT'S fixed. It never happened to me but I heard the horror stories.

Agreed. I'm glad the crim-code has gotten a much-needed update, I'm sure it wasn't easy, I'm not pointing fingers and trying to say adding new things is bad because it kills people in unexpected ways or anything, as I'm sure it was probably a challenge to fix it. The alternative is to not get shiny new toys, which isn't a good alternative. More detail for law enforcement means more RP opportunities, so the end result is a win-win, despite some hiccups before it became a thing. Anyway, sorry for the slight derail.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Jihelu

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 08:36:04 PM »
I have been many a tackled for unlatching my own bag.
Many being like twice.
Staff was nice enough both times to save me.

Thank you staff.

Onto the actual topic...
I don't see why Storm would give a shit about reading and writing. IRC there was a rumor over this a while ago, it was a player rumor so it's not 'canon', but it did mention something like 'well who gives a shit' or something of that nature, which I agreed with.
If I saw someone reading why would I give more of a shit than if I saw some elf crafting a knife at a table? I'm there to keep my head down.