Cool things

Started by SuchDragonWow, December 11, 2017, 12:38:11 PM

So, I heard a rumor that some guy got to play a spider.  An actual spider.  It's just something a guy DMed me in Discord, so I don't know if I could believe it or not.  Anyway, it got me thinking.  What other cool things have you gotten to play on Arm?  Gith?  Halflings?  Share your special race and special application stories.  😊
Where it will go

I think someone was able to animate a jozhal, once.

And a rat.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

The only character I ever stored was to play a halfling.  It was fun, though I think I was the first to die.    I liked that I had halfling as a race option when I made any new character, not that it would have been approved if I tried it.   At least until they made the karma change this year, now I no longer have it as an option.  :'(  (Some might say fixing a bug, I say crushing a distant dream.)

Lots of people got to play gith a couple years ago. Cool Stuff™ is still a thing.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I played a gortok around '08 for a few months. Was a lot of solo RP as you can imagine. In the end, a random hunter killed me thinking I must have been an imm-animated 'tok sent to eat their brainz.

I played a gith a long time ago.  Maybe in 2000?  2001?  I was definitely in highschool, grade 11 maybe?

I was terrible.

I was part of the gith mesa tribe.  You could ask one of the NPCs to follow you and act like a guard.

I would go out, try and fight a creature, get hurt, get my gith guard to rescue me, get my gith guard to get hurt, get my gith guard die, then I would run away.
I would get another gith and go out and fight the same creature, and repeat.

I think after the 5th gith NPC died that way, the immortal in charge of the gith told me not to do that anymore.  He did so by jumping into another gith, and then roleplaying out that I was a coward and made up a nickname for me - Red Beast.  And said that nobody would ever follow the red beast into the hunt again.

Eventually, I ran into some humans and they hurt me good.  They 'captured' me and dragged me into the arena in Allanak.

They threw in a beast into the arena, but I spammed running away through the entrance to the arena, and running through the city trying to leave.   Guards used to try and subdue me and drop their weapons.  I would pick up their weapons and then kill them, and take their things.  I think I was wearing one of their military cloaks with the hood up.  Eventually I made my way into the 'rinth and into an abandoned building.  I think I quit out there.

I believe the moment I logged back into the game I ran into an NPC and got killed. Because I was wearing a soldier cloak in the 'rinth.

I think there was an IC Board post in the 'rinth for the longest time about Gith in there.   That was me, being a dweeb.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I played a halfling and was shit at it. Still fun. The option stayed in my chargen menu for a long time. Was nice to look at.

Nilaz was fun too, even though it only lasted like 45 minutes.

Played a few Tan Muark and still get misty eyed thinking about it.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on December 13, 2017, 10:16:23 PM
I played a halfling and was shit at it. Still fun. The option stayed in my chargen menu for a long time. Was nice to look at.

I was approved to play a halfling in one of the role calls but unfortunately my internet went out for several days so staff gave the open spot to someone else and said I could have a spot during the next role call. I had the Halfling option in my chargen menu too and it was always fun to see it there :)

I played a Tan Muark a long, long time ago and it was pretty fun. The Blue Jug was a great tavern and I also liked the farming system they had for vegetables and milking animals. The only thing was that I was playing very off peak and there were no other Tan Muark I could play with except when I could log on during the day (server peak) on Saturdays.

The Malarn were my favourite tribe though. Shaloonsh made us individual tattoos to tell our Dwarf's life story!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

There were a couple Jul Tavan PCs during the last gith war too.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.