Poop is overpowered!

Started by In Dreams, December 06, 2017, 11:14:10 PM

Being someone acquainted with horse poop myself, I'm very familiar with animals that poop a lot, in great big piles that take shovels to deal with!

That said, it doesn't take days or weeks to clean up. The piles in game are pretty ridiculous. I think they need to be made a little easier to deal with.

horses don't weigh 4,000 pounds like inix do.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

There is so much poop, because this isnt 'Just a few horses'. Its an entire cities worth of mounts, a city with I think half a million people.

I'm really not sure how this would ever be an issue to the point where you really need attention to this being changed. Lots o' dung is mostly a non-problem, and it actually provides good newb cash, too.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

If on the other hand, you are saying that they should require less stamina for each time you do it, then ehh, its not an issue. In my view at least.

Poop is overpowered. The other day, I was out hunting with my friend Amos, and he wield's a head-sized hunk of dung and says, in turd-accented sirihish, "Watch THIS!"

... I may never recover. Send my love to my mother, my auntie, my cousins, and buy my dad a shot of whiskey.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Unless it is in a save room, dung objects reset on reboot.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

When mucking the city stables, you're mucking out stables for probably hundreds of three-ton horses. You're actually ONLY cleaning up the PC-accessible pens, there are probably a hundred other animal pens you're NOT cleaning out that the virtual NPCs are cleaning.

I can imagine it would take a full day to clean out a hundred horse pens, or more. And Allanak has three stables.

Poop is just powered.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

December 07, 2017, 11:20:54 AM #8 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:49:04 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

"Poop is just powered", contender for best quote 2017.
Lizard time.

Quote from: In Dreams on December 06, 2017, 11:14:10 PM
That said, it doesn't take days or weeks to clean up. The piles in game are pretty ridiculous. I think they need to be made a little easier to deal with.

This is really only a problem for the private stables of GMH/Noble Estates which are both Save rooms and inaccessible to the poor dung shovelers trying to make a living. If your stables is full of poop and you want it shoveled out have your aide hire some commoner PCs (which is quite cheap as they will also be paid by the dung man for all that poop they are taking out of your estate!)
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

December 07, 2017, 12:54:48 PM #11 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:04:47 PM by solera
Quote from: Bushranger on December 07, 2017, 12:41:47 PM

This is really only a problem for the private stables of GMH/Noble Estates which are both Save rooms and inaccessible to the poor dung shovelers trying to make a living. If your stables is full of poop and you want it shoveled out have your aide hire some commoner PCs (which is quite cheap as they will also be paid by the dung man for all that poop they are taking out of your estate!)

Quote from: Molten Heart on December 07, 2017, 11:20:54 AM
Poop can grow food. That's powerful.

Now if only we could |charge| poop, as a component and....
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: Bushranger on December 07, 2017, 12:41:47 PM
Quote from: In Dreams on December 06, 2017, 11:14:10 PM

If you are a motivated dung shoveler you could probably get access to shovel out gmh stables.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I came here expecting to read about shit-in-a-mug
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I just want to point out poop is MUCH better in the current form than when they first surprised us with it. There was poop ALL OVER and they pooped even more than they do now. And my PC may have had "puce" in her sdesc at the time the puce colored poop started.

I think the poop is under control, so long as it doesn't make the room so heavy we can't put stuff in there. That's been a problem.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Riev on December 07, 2017, 09:27:00 AM
I can imagine it would take a full day to clean out a hundred horse pens, or more. And Allanak has three stables.

An efficient and experienced stablehand can clean about 20 stalls in an hour give or take a few depending on how clean or dirty they are. Generally really large barns, the sort that have a hundred or more stalls, have many more than one stablenahd. I'm certain the same is true of all the public stables in Allanank.

Why is this an issue? Is good for noobs.