What would you want to be in Zalanthas?

Started by Strongheart, November 26, 2017, 01:21:18 AM

Imagine you were put into the world of Zalanthas, in who's shoes would you excel? Pick your gender, your race, your guild and sub-guild, your occupation, your origin, maybe what clan you would be a part of etc.! Be as basic or as complex as you want, just a general idea of who you would want to be and why if you'd like.

Being me in Zalanthas would be pretty sweet.

26, human, male, 6'2", 200lbs, Ranger/Aggressor. Work for a GMH. Own a chunk of land in the Grey Forest. Son of an officer in the Army. Pet Gortok.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

19, half-elf, female, 5'2'', 130lbs, Merchant/Apothecary. Travelling with a little caravan, offering healing and massages and generally doing my best to make people feel good (and hopefully not murder me).
Lizard time.

November 26, 2017, 03:41:26 AM #3 Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:43:35 AM by gotdamnmiracle
24, Human, male, 5' 9", 150 lbs, burglar/aggressor. Corporal in His Arm, not interested in leaving the city, takes kick backs, not interested in morality, very interested in serving His friendly neighborhood Templar.

I've always been fascinated with the idea of dirty cops. I feel like it's pretty easy to compartmentalize in Zalanthas. Plus nothing like being high on the Highlord's justice! *punches shackled elf in the gut*
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Lol well done, the both of you. I like both of your concepts a lot.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

20, desert elf, male, 6'3", 175 Ibs, Warrior/Rukkian (any). Be a part of one of the established delven clans, preferably Sun Runners. Adventurous and loving, cares about more than just his own tribe though still not naive to what others think of elves. Capable fighter who is only that way to fend off wicked threats like gith and other vile creatures or people. Uses powers discreetly or when dire need arises, and generally has no fear for magick as long as it is used responsibly. [excellent responses you three, I hope more folks decide to share!]

Personally, I would be somewhat like myself.

5'9" and Idk how many pounds. An average amount.
Assassin/?
I would be the most oafish of the Fales, throwing ginormous parties and making people entertain me in the most hilarious ways possible, all the while trying to top them myself in doing the most entertaining thing.
Probably wind up being a washed up drunk by age 25 and have to find something else to do.

Rinthi elven assassin/outlaw, dust runner, severe social phobias play into his success on the job, curses spice degredation code ICly while solo RPing, pays Gotdamnmiracle kickbacks.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Tektolnes, obviously.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on November 26, 2017, 11:35:03 AM
Tektolnes, obviously.

Yeah duh.

I'll be a junior noble in Sath because lol, being a commoner in Zalanthas would suck. Junior noble so that people have nice low expectations of me and I can spend my days in the library.

Forgettable Fale noble.
Warrior/Dandy
Lay around, get drunk and play cards. Say inapropriate stuff. Nonpolitical.

"Did you hear our vile little cousin got drunk, punched Lady Soandso's aide, and vomited up a half barrel of the finest wine onto her silken gown?"

"That makes three times this month."
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on November 26, 2017, 04:12:24 PM
Forgettable Fale noble.
Warrior/Dandy
Lay around, get drunk and play cards. Say inapropriate stuff. Nonpolitical.

"Did you hear our vile little cousin got drunk, punched Lady Soandso's aide, and vomited up a half barrel of the finest wine onto her silken gown?"

"That makes three times this month."

Youare my spirit animal!

I'd be either dead or enslaved.

Cause of death: Zalanthas is a fuggin' nasty place to live and sand beneath your feet, alone, wants to kill you let alone everything and everyone else.

Cause of enslavement: I can friggin' read, write and have more than a common's understanding of higher concepts like mathematics, engineering, electronics, sanitation, etc.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

sdesc The brown-haired, blue eyed man.
35 human male 5'11"  185lbs
Warrior/viv Creation
Independent hunter/mercenary
lives in Luir's outpost

Drinks and spice are not optional...
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

The lanky, wild-haired man
24, human male, 6'5" 170 lbs
Assassin/Majordomo
Rising star of House Kassigarh

Going through a meteoric rise in the ranks of House Kassigarh as a young noble, but often finds himself in trouble with the House leadership for ruffling the feathers of other Surif lords. Constantly terrified that people are going to realize he's making everything up as he goes along. Perpetually looking to make a splash and reaffirm everyone's admiration of his talent.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

5'2 300lbs human warrior/caravan guard

Professional wrestler, never washes in order to stun opponents with powerful odour, never eaten a belshun fruit in his life and vows never to in future, fears nothing but contemporary ceramic art.
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

let me be an evil scheming nobles right hand.

Short, fat, cause I'm well fed. And the nicest guy ever, to your face.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Hand to the Mantis queen, protector of the clutch, mental adviser, also I chew her food for her.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Son of the leader of a remote dwarven village, focused on keeping the village hidden and safe, AT ALL COSTS!  Ranger/Whiran  Age : 30
the grey-eyed, ashen-skinned dwarven male.

November 27, 2017, 06:52:37 PM #19 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:54:34 PM by tapas
gurth

A simple life of being a ornery, grazing herbivore. Until that plucky hunter comes by, anyways.

Next life: bahamet