Author Topic: November 2017 New/Returning ST Chat  (Read 169 times)

Nathvaan

• Administrator
November 2017 New/Returning ST Chat
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:53:21 PM »
Nathvaan:
Welcome to the November 2017 Storyteller Meeting. If you have a question, type "I have a question" in the #queue channel and you'll be called on when you're up to ask a question. The queue opens up at 9:30PM and will close around 11PM or when all questions are answered. (All times are server time)

Adhira:
Tonight we have on board to speak to you all: Calavera, Fehu, Shabago and Shalooonsh.

Sorry everyone, no one wants to talk to you guys.
Except endofthweek. They are brave.
Floor is yours endoftheweek

endoftheweek:
What clans do you presently preside over?
To better frame the questions for future askers.

Shalooonsh:
I'm currently overseeing The torturers of the South.  Arm of the Dragon and Allanaki Militia

Shabago:
House Kadius and The Guild. Sometimes Salarr.

Fehu:
I'm currently taking care of Human Tribals, indies and player clans!

Calavera:
I was brought back to work on a special project and have since taken over House Oash.

Nathvaan:
Okay, you are up Bushranger!

Bushranger:
@Shalooonsh the Malarn have been my favourite tribe (Great job by the way) Now there are no dwarf tribes at all. Why did they have to die? :frowning:

Shalooonsh:
They didn't have to die, but dying was what they would have rightly done by their philosophy.   It would have been less than Malarn of them to run :smiley:

Adhira:
Ppurg, you're up.

Ppurg:
Is there ever going to be a fix to the "huge killer beast southeast of you so it's totally invisible" issue? It's one of the last "stupid" legacy things about DIKU. There have been a great deal of patches and changes to prevent what we could call stupid deaths; I'm wondering if this is a general design philosophy, or something piecemeal when someone important dies / enough individuals complain about it?
I'd note that this would also prevent the whole "staff spawned a mekillot on me" meme that runs back for years

Calavera:
Man unfortunately that's something storytellers can't really do much about. I agree there are a lot of aspects of Arm's old DIKU code that are a pain in the ass. This particular issue probably hasn't been worked on because a solution might involve reworking the entire way we process PCs and mobs' lines of sight if we wanted to do it right, which is a big project.
I've played other games that used different systems for lines of sight and games where everything was grid-based and games where visibility was a much bigger deal in terms of combat and each of those systems has had their own drawbacks. I haven't seen a solution I 100% liked anywhere. If anyone could come up with one though it's probably @Nathvaan.

Nathvaan:
Ha! Maybe? So, long time listener first time caller, mansa is up!

mansa:
What's the worst experience you've had attempting to run a story plot, how did it happen, and how have you prevented things like that in the future?

Calavera:
Well comedy answer the worst experience was all the setup for the Tyn Dashra volcano RPT which I'd built up and built up and done so much building work on...
Then I got called into work and missed the HRPT.
I'm sure everyone else had a great time.

Shabago:
Oh boy. Been a few bad spots previously and now that were on me. I can recall one 'big story' back when I was staffing Tuluk and I was working on this massive snake beast that came up from the the undertuluk sink hole. PCs put in weeks of effort to track this thing down/pin it down and DERP that I am, I forgot to fix the HP.
The first person in one shotted my 5hp snake :frowning: How to fix this? 5000hp. Every time. EVERY. Time.

Calavera:
Hahaha!
For an actual more productive answer: I tried to run a lot of little plots when I was in charge of the Tuluki Templarate but the templars involved kept going out and trying to fight kryl with no guards and dying, sometimes at like two weeks old. That's something you can't really work around or prevent, though. You don't want to withhold plots and interactions from people until they've lived a certain amount of time. You learn very quickly how to run plots that can overcome all sorts of wackiness and can work with whatever players will throw at them. As long as you aren't married to one specific outcome or trying to railroad people it's tough to have a plot go "bad." You'll just have to wait for the next crew of PCs and hope these next Lirathans won't try to fistfight halflings.

Shalooonsh:
One of my worst moments was where I'd spent a buttload of time building this awrsome super sekrit thingy which was going to be a big impact.  But it had to be super, super, duper, super sekrit.   Only to find I hadn't exactly made it as secure as it should have been, since a player was able to wander through the ENTIRE thing on day one.  Bam.  Like six hours after, all these secrets were just stuff.  I made sure after that to always double and triple check everything I worked on, especially if it were in any way secretive

Calavera:
Those were good times @Shalooonsh.

Adhira:
Says you!

Calavera:
Those were great times (for me)*

Fehu:
Okay so I've been on board for the shortest amount of time compared to the rest of the guys here so I can't really respond to this question too well. But I do have a fear of accidentally loading up a turaal that accidentally dish out 1000+ hp damage if there are intense plot moments :sob:

Adhira:
Ok, let's give endoftheweek another question.

endoftheweek:
So as I've noticed there's been a lot of structure changes to GMH that I believe are pretty conducive to fun. Are you all allowed to talk about the lead up to those changes? I imagine it was a discussion for a while and then settled upon after many ideas were put on a bulletin board.
Can you talk about the process of that at all?

Seidhr:
Are you referring to the current situation in Luirs, @endoftheweek

endoftheweek:
Yes.
In addition to that, the secret role call thing. You know, just overall content and fresh stuff.

Seidhr:
There was a general consensus amongst the staff and I think at least a pretty sizeable chunk of the playerbase that shaking up Luirs would be for the best and it allowed us to emphasize that the GMHs all have roughly equal power.
There was a lot of discussion on the imm boards about it and in game too, involved pretty much the whole staff.  I'm not sure if this really answers your question?
(as a note - I think we're supposed to be talking about stuff that pertains to the new and returning STs and the Luirs shakeup probably pre-dates them, but happy to answer anyhow)

Nathvaan

• Administrator
Re: November 2017 New/Returning ST Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 02:53:54 PM »
Adhira:
Kankfly - ask away.

Kankfly:
Are there any future possible plans to reopen some of the closed clans?

Calavera:
It's not a closed clan but I can say that the project I was brought on for is to open a brand new clan from the ground floor up, so it's still new clan content for people who want to try something different.

Kankfly:
So... no? :[

Fehu:
There's possibilities of reopening some clans - granted it won't be in any immediate future, but it's definitely a possibility.

Adhira:
Looks like no one else wants to comment.
Ah there we go.
The conversation we just had in staff chat was - someone has to love something enough to convince us :wink:

Shabago:
I tried. I made a pitch. :smiley:

Adhira:
No space vestrics.

Kankfly:
By 'someone'-- ... Oh wait, does that count as a new question? >>

Calavera:
From my perspective as a player and a staffer I think closed clans often suffer from a case of rose-colored glasses syndrome. Everybody remembers the cool bits but nobody remembers the bits that might have lead to the closures in the first place--stuff that wasn't working, stuff that left all the players feeling bored, etc.

Adhira:
Clarification - someone on staff has to love it enough to take on the work.

Brokkr:
I am still waiting for a rebranding of Ironsword as Bonesword myself.

Calavera:
Be the change you want to see, Brokkr.

Adhira:
Ok, mansa, you get another question.

mansa:
Sharing stories brings more players to the game.  How can we better share the stories that we are all involved in, outside of the game?

Calavera:
I actually have a project I've been drawing up in the proposal stage where I was going to suggest to senior staff that we put some logs on the frontpage of the website. Just a matter of finding the time to sift through all those logs to pick the best ones. That's one idea.

Seidhr:
AIM
wait, i mean... uh...

Shabago:
I'd be perfectly fine with seeing more logs, myself. There was always a good response to "New Log Up" thread, I think it was? I .... and Cal just covered it.
And, of course, What Seidhr said. :smile:

Adhira:
Sunshine, do you have a question for us?

Sunshine:
While staff support is amazing and necessary for the game, I feel like the day to day fun of arm depends on players, and specifically on leaders. What is your best advice to leaders for how to foster interesting, fun, and engaging clans? And what are some of the pitfalls you see leaders running into that make them ineffective clan leaders from an OOC perspective (as opposed to playing an ineffective PC who fails at things, but does so in interesting and plot-creating ways.)?

Shabago:
Delegation, delegation, delegation. I think leaders can always benefit (and all the players under them) by not 'hoarding' the good plots/information and so on. Taking a risk by letting things 'out there' allows not just clannies and underlings to get involved, but maybe some sneaks, psis and so on too.

Shalooonsh:
The biggest thing that I've always found helps make things fun and engaging from a player leader standpoint is to have your leader fuck up.  Noticeably, and horribly, be human... have vices, get in trouble, and drag your minions in with you.  Or get half cocked ideas, and just make people do stuff... as a noble, create imaginary positions and inform people they're now doing something for you.  If they do, it moves things forward, if they don't, it creates conflict.  Sometimes great plots come from careful consideration and planning.  Sometimes, they come from chaos.

Seidhr:
(allow your PC to have flaws, perhaps fatal flaws - that goes for everyone)

Calavera:
The best advice I can give to any player interested in playing a clan leader is to play a character first, leader second. If your whole concept revolves around your job you're gonna either burn out or get severely bored. You have to come up with stuff to do to keep YOURSELF entertained first and foremost. People whose entire concept is "Rachel is a Kurac Sergeant and she's been a Sergeant her whole life and her major hobby is Sergeanting" get bored fast.

Fehu:
I'd also like to add that IMO an effective clan leader not only delegates, but also is a very vital component in shaping the world around themselves, their clan and the game world. So they can ICly be ineffective, but the great ones I find tend to be the ones adding more flavour into the world. For myself, I see them as the guys who "sets the example" for the rest. Soo.... no pressure folks :smile:

Adhira:
Bushranger, you're next.

Bushranger:
First of all a Turaal that can dish up 1000+hp damage sounds like a cool plot @Fehu. Secondly I've seen some really awesome plots  thanks to Storytellers so what can I (possibly other players who are here too but mostly just me) do to help make your jobs easier and see more awesome plots? :wink:

Shabago:
Literally? Tell us. That's going to be the best thing you can do. If we know what you want to happen via character reports/bios or the like, we're going to be all over that if it's doable.

Calavera:
Send in reports, volunteer for stuff, let us know your ideas however wacky. We might say no a lot but we can't help you if we have no clue what your PC is doing.

Shalooonsh:
Give us a heads up on your crazy ideas, just spitball... if it's something that won't work, it won't work.  Don't get down if we deny something, but definitely let us know

Fehu:
@Bushranger I knew you'd love it! :stuck_out_tongue: But yes - agree with both Shab and Cal, send in reports keep us up to date. Honestly, even as a player, the most fun I ever had was initiating plots and sometimes (many times) staff would take that and run with it either as a support OR even escalate it to something more.

Calavera:
A good example: way back when I was staffing the Sun Runners and I was fixing some typos in the camp. I noticed someone had typoed that you could forage for food in the middle of a room in the camp which was described as being basically indoors. So I changed to sector_type indoors because hey, fixing typos.

Calavera:
An angry Sun Runner PC sent in a request a day later going "I HAD BEEN RPING CULTIVATING THAT PLOT OF SOIL FOR A RL YEAR AND WAS USING IT AS A GARDEN, WHY DID YOU TAKE IT AWAY!"
But he'd like literally never told us. I was happy to actually build a garden there and help him out but he'd been playing the character for 18 RL months at that point and had never mentioned a word of it to me. :X

Seidhr:
calavera u just live to nerf

Calavera:
Nerf or nothing.

Nathvaan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 02:54:18 PM »
Adhira:
Ok, 2 Smol 2 Trot, take it away.

2 Smol 2 Trot:
Which sounds more correct presently?
1. We lack reliable players to move plots forward.
2. We lack reliable staff time to move plots forward.

Calavera:
Neither, really. I feel like there's a whole lot of plots going on at the moment and they're all moving forward at a pretty decent pace.

Fehu:
I would say neither as well.

Shabago:
I'm with Cal on this one, myself. Just off the top of my head right now, there are ...7 plots going on in the game world and each has staff oversight in one sense or another.

Calavera:
If your personal experiences are otherwise, I'm really sorry to hear that. To answer more in the hypothetical, I think more players does way more for the game than more staff. Players are the meat and potatoes of the game. It doesn't matter how many staff there are if players aren't playing the game and making the world come to life and actually doing things. Otherwise it's just us sitting around in a sandbox playing with ourselves, and nobody wants to see that.

2 Smol 2 Trot:
now obviously I'm not calling anyone out. I just wanted to know :3
I can't know the pace of plots obviously
@Calavera noooooooo I want to know so I could adjust my way of playing if necessary!

Fehu:
Communication is the key @2 Smol 2 Trot ! Send in reports let us know what are you doing and what we can do to support your dreams! :smile:

2 Smol 2 Trot:
you know I do

Adhira:
Sunshin, all yours

Sunshine:
Back to leaders again.... sometimes they bust hard. (This is not a knock on anyone, a single player can have great leaders and shitty ones. Sometimes roles just donít gel.) Why do staff seem so limited in their ability to get rid of a leader who seems to just be phoning it in?

Shabago:
That's a tough one. There's sometimes issues going on behind the curtain that the PB as a whole may not be aware of. RL issues/engagements, time constraints, work time changes to put them on a different time zone, etc. Granted, underlings can always MCB a said leader and take over? (non-noble at least)

Fehu:
On a more IC standpoint: If a leader is ICly incapable (not talking about their log in times and availabilities here), please remember - this game IS called Murder, Corruption and Betrayal.

Calavera:
Well, the keyword there is 'seems.' Players don't always reveal everything they're doing to other players. Sometimes some of the PCs in the world who seem the laziest and most worthless are acting that way on purpose specifically to piss you off and get you to underestimate them.
I suggest you kill them to teach them a lesson.

Seidhr:
It depends on whether they are an IC bad leader or an OOC bad leader too.  Like if someone is ICly ineffective because they spend all their time drunk and spiced, rather than selling sporks, that's totally fine, as long as everything is in character and they are technically trying to lead the clan (even if failing miserably).  If they are OOCly bad, another player in the clan can always send in a request and be like:  Hey, I'm really not seeing much of JoeSchmo for the past month, what gives?

Calavera:
Yeah, Seidhr brings up a good point. I love incompetent leaders being played by competent players.

Adhira:
Ok, Shaleah.  It is finally your turn.

Adhira:
Shaleah!!

ShaLeah:
First off - Welcome back Oldbie Imms!!! I can't wait to feed y'all tainted brainz.
2nd - What are your individual thoughts on offering amnesty on a yearly basis to previously banned players? As in do you think there is any value in it?

Calavera:
Yeah, I'm all for it.
I believe the only people who should be permanently banned from Armageddon are people who have engaged in dangerous OOC behavior toward players and staff members.

Adhira:
Also - we are offering amnesty to anyone.

Shalooonsh:
I'm a personal believer in second chances.

Adhira:
They just need to ask. We recently went through and made a list of who could not return to the game.

Shabago:
I'll go ahead and say "Yes" there is always value to trying to get more players back/involved. As Cal says, if they haven't done something horrible, then there is a good chance they learned/matured/deserve another chance

Adhira:
There was a total of 3 people on that list.

Calavera:
Wasn't it only like--yeah.
In my eyes the only people who should not be welcomed back to give Arm another go are people who made members of our community feel unsafe. That's it.

Fehu:
Agreed

ShaLeah:
I :heart: :mantishead:

Adhira:
Mansa has a third question.

mansa:
Re: The Game World.  It seems like the game world facilitates stories rather than be the plot of stories, as it is seems very hard to change NPCs / Rooms / Items.  It seems like, despite the mode of storytelling being simple text (which is incredibly easy to modify compared to graphics) having to update an NPC's gear or spawn point or whether to equip it with a dagger or not is incredibly frustrating to follow through with what seems to be a simple change.
Should it be as static as this, or should the world design mentality be more easily changed?

Calavera:
Well, considering storytellers don't set policy on this stuff, it seems like another admin-level question. For me personally I started off as a builder back in 2009 and building work doesn't bother me any. The main problem with REALLY little things like changing NPCs' outfits is that on the backend these things can be really tough to track. If you RP giving a sword to a guy and I save it in his inventory then someone steals it later and you come back and he's missing the sword, you have no way of knowing it was stolen and it takes a staff member higher than myself to check the game logs to see if anyone stole it. That's a specific reason why changing gear on NPCs can be a tough thing to permanently change.
In general though, I'm all for building more stuff and changing more stuff so long as players are putting in the legwork and the changes make sense.

Seidhr:
i mean it would be really cool if every little thing players did would persist forever and ever like, hey i stole that elf's dagger so he doesn't have it anymore, or i gave him an axe he should use it, i left a kalan bush on the side of caravan road it should flourish forever.  most of that stuff tends to be for 'vanity' rather than a goal-driven plot.  there's no end goal rather than leaving a mark.  it's tiring.  to be honest, a lot of customcrafts are kind of like that too?

Adhira:
Rabidmuffins, your turn.

RabidMuffins:
What is a common behavior you see from players that you wish would change?

Shabago:
Kinky mudsex.

Calavera:
Players immediately assuming that players who are working against them must OOCly hate their characters or must be OOCly conspiring against them. In my nearly ten years of staffing this mud on and off, the amount of actual OOC collusion to hurt plots/PCs that I have seen is very very very very small.

Shalooonsh:
Overthinking, I think.  It isn't a really bad thing, but this goes back to the plotlines from leaders questions before.  Even the crazy, weird ideas have some merit, and if they don't get implimented, they aren't a waste to mention because it helps you sound things out, it helps us spark other ideas, and in the end everyone wins.
Or maybe self editing would be a better term for it.

Fehu:
Trying to "win the game"

Calavera:
As far as ingame behavior goes I really don't like to police that.
If you aren't breaking the rules I try not to care.

Shalooonsh:
non kinky mudsex bugs the fuck out of me
#justsayin

Nathvaan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »
Adhira:
Kankfly, what say you.
Kankfly, you have naught to say?

Kankfly:
I have naught to say. :smile:

Adhira:
Fine!

Kankfly:
:heart:

Adhira:
Katima, you can say something instead?

Fehu:
Kankfly hates us

Katima:
There's a lot of hype and hubbub about the new changes to the guilds system. I'm curious how this impacts a particular area of the game world going forward: Gladiators. They have a unique and controlled guild and skillset. Is this going to remain static when moving into the new guilds system, or will we see some versatility even amongst our beloved Gladiators? And if it stays static, will they be adjusted/enhanced at all to remain competitive with any hikes that these new improved guilds get, especially on the combat side of things, as I understand they're a purely combat 'guild'.

Brokkr:
I probably need to take that.
Gladiators are mostly myself and Renenutet from a staff support perspective.

Calavera:
Yeah that's Brokkr's wheelhouse.

Brokkr:
We are leaning towards keeping them separate, but may need to revisit them.  but overall the point of gladiators is to give a good show.  if you've ever seen two really good combat characters go at it...it can be boring as hell to watch.
That is the basis for why they are separate.

Katima:
Yeah, I feel you there. Are there ever going to be any options for letting them have some story-driven versatility than every other flashy rockstar whack-a-mole target? Like say Darren the Daring's backstory says he did this before he was drug out of the rinthi by his toenails. Would that be a valid form of special app, seeing a gladiator with a new skill? Or would RP eventually allow such a possibility? I dunno how this normally works, as I haven't done special apps since they were required for ext subguilds.

Brokkr:
Like assassin vs warrior battle royale?

Katima:
No, I mean like a gladiator who can cook or carve rocks or whittle.
Something to be a tiny bit different without making it over the top.

Brokkr:
I don't think what would be bad, but remember they are slaves, so such pursuits might not be encouraged.

Adhira:
That reminds me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power...
The power to speak.

Babe:
So, where is Tuluk and the chocolate bars?

Brokkr:
It wouldn't hurt to ask us, especially if it isn't a combat skill.

Calavera:
Tuluk is exactly where it's always been.

Fehu:
"What was once the city-state of Tuluk, now commonly referred to as Old Tuluk, once dominated the Northlands of the Known World, occupying nearly all of the land called Gol Krathu (q.v.)." http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Tuluk

Adhira:
Shaleah!!

ShaLeah:
THIS is a 2part question
What do you think YOU would change to make it easier for independent people to make impacting changes or additions to the game world?
And
Do you think it would be most helpful to apply a character with a game changing idea as a, special app from the get go to get approval and request staff support?

Calavera:
That totally depends on what you mean by 'game changing.' Can you clarify a little?

ShaLeah:
Like i wanna open a shop
Permanent tent I  the bazaar

Calavera:
Well anyone who goes through the player clan system can open one of those...

ShaLeah:
Not even make a new clam
Clan
Yes but it's HARD
Sooooo hard

Calavera:
Right, but I meant regarding the special app side of things. I would really not waste a special app on that since literally anyone can do it.

Fehu:
The pclan system is set up so it's a lot easier nowadays to get something more permanent than before. However, as with anything in the game world - it takes determination and consistency to get ball rolling. I get it can be hard, however it has been achieved IG before and is still happening right now.

Calavera:
As far as your first question, what I'd change to make it easier... hm.
Personally I'd love to see a system that let people set up semi-permanent dwellings and tent camps in the wilderness that could then decay or be destroyed by others. That's my pie in the sky dream answer.

ShaLeah:
Maybe special app was the wrong choice of words.  Special request? Like hey I'm making this char because I wanna be a winchime maker.

Calavera:
I think that's a thing you can defiintely tell staff beforehand, and if you'd like you can check in and see if we think the idea is something we could support before you try it. If you roll up a character and your goal is to create a public bathhouse for commoners in Allanak you're gonna be disappointed because that's not a direction we want the game to go in. So you can check in beforehand, sure.

Fehu:
Re: Do you think it would be most helpful to apply a character with a game changing idea as a, special app from the get go to get approval and request staff support?

Personally I think it' really depends on your game play. Spec apps for me are more of a coded advantage than IC happenings to gear you towards whatever goals you want. But in terms of whether you can achieve it or not all depends on IC, the people you meet, the guys you are connected to etc etc

Shabago:
Oh, something like that Shal, I think would be a bit of a different ball of wax for us to help with. "You'll need to XYZ" sort of replies, watch you put in the leg work and put in the change. At least, that's what I'd like to do with it.

Adhira:
Envy, let's hear from you.

Envy:
I mean, Babe sorta asked but didn't get an answer so I thought I'd try and ask a little more concisely. As a new player I'm a little confused as to the state of Tuluk, so I guess I'm asking is it just gonna sit there forever or are there any plans to deal with it?

Seidhr:

Adhira:
There are plans to deal with it.
There is not a timeframe for that, as of yet.
But we have been discussing this for the last year or so, staffside. We know it needs to be dealt with.
As you can see, Seidhr has ideas.
Bushranger, third question.

Bushranger:
What sort of plots do you storytellers like best to run and also what sort of plots do you dislike? As an example, do you find creepy spider plots super creepy because icky spiders :spider: or anything like that? :wink:

Fehu:
HA! My fave are plots that are always those initiated by players. I feel like as a ST I'm here to facilitate those plots and be a support and I wouldn't discourage most of them either just...well if you are a dwarf with a focus of "sexing up a templar" go for it, just expect the concequences.

Shabago:
Personal favorites are always going to be player suggested, rather then attempting to come up with something out of my own head. Yes, I can throw something at you guys to liven things up, but I'd rather spend that time advancing a storyline that you (general) want to see happen.

Calavera:
My fave plots are creepy disgusting ones where I get to do blood and guts. I also love a good old fashioned dungeon crawl. I love "weird creepy thing was discovered in X Location" plots. And I love plots where a group of people all come together to deliberately fuck with one person who's pissed in too many people's cheerios.

Shalooonsh:
I like plots that are engaging emotionally, and really make people invest in whatever is going on.  Whether a bone crunching creepy spider plot, or a dinner party/assassination, I want to know that whatever is going on, no matter how it started, grabs people by the short hairs.  I want to see those character psyche's unfold like big, beautiful flowers... and then crush them to paste! 

Shabago:
This is why I love Loon.

Calavera:
And as for plots I dislike, honestly there aren't really any. I like all kinds of storytelling and one thing you have to understand when staffing Armageddon is that different types of players want different stuff. People play games for different reasons.

Fehu:
Yeah totally agree with Cal here. Haven't came across anything I dislike................yet

Adhira:
Mansa, you had a chocolate question?

mansa:
A) What is your favourite chocolate confectionery snack?
B) How many Reeses' peanut butter cups are there in a standard package?

Shalooonsh:
A)  Turtles.  I love Turtles.
B)  NOT ENOUGH.

Fehu:
A) I'm a twix fan
B) What is this witchery? Peanut butter WITH chocolate?

Shabago:
A) Reese's, in fact. B) WHAT LOON SAID.

Calavera:
A) Good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies.
B) What Looon said.

Fehu:
Can I pick two?

Shalooonsh:
Two chocolates?  I grant you this right, you may choose two.
makes a hand wavy motion

Shabago:
Good lord what is that icon, Shaleah?
Lol

evilcabbage:
it's : flag_nak :

Fehu:
I CHOOSE.....TIM TAMS

Calavera:
Por que no los dos?

Adhira:
Tim Tams are biscuits
not chocolate bars

ShaLeah:
Kabuki sexual chocolate @Shabago

Calavera:
I like those knockoff two-dollar fake Woolworths Tim Tams.

Seidhr:
Didn't Woolworths go bankrupt in like 1986.

Fehu:
Nah still going

Seidhr:
Ahh there was a Woolworth's in the US that did go bankrupt it's different from the same named one in AU.

Nathvaan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »
Adhira:
Ok cabbage, bring us home.

evilcabbage:
Okay, so. In regards to quit ooc and tents, if you quit ooc in a tent, and somebody rolls it up, what happens?
If you don't know, find out >_<!

Shalooonsh:
We have an elemental plane of tents that you can only get to via this exact thing.

Adhira:
While people investigate cabbage's question... Iiyola will get to be our final participant in the formal questioning.

Shabago:
It's how you get to the space vestric mothership

Adhira:
@Iiyola  Your turn.

Iiyola:
shit, sorry, my log was stuck on Mansa's chocolate question

Shalooonsh:
@Calavera Let me know

Adhira:
do it loon

Iiyola:
So ST's, when you come up with a storyline, do you make a rough script? Or do you improvise, depending on what the player will do?

Calavera:
@Shalooonsh All yours baby.

I try not to come up with plots or storylines that would require scripting. I tend to come up with plot ideas that are more "a thing happened, now PCs get to react to it" rather than a storyline with an actual beginning and middle and end. The game is too unpredictable to reliably plan for those.

Fehu:
What Cal said

Shalooonsh:
If it is something I am generating, or a game I'm running IRL, I usually start out with a concept, and a path... and then the players do whatever they want anyway :wink:

Calavera:
We had a plot event we were wanting to run in the south for AGES that was supposed to be triggered when some PCs went to this one location or for this one RPT. They scheduled it, then never went. Then kept pushing back the date. Then changed the location. Then pushed it back again. Then cancelled it.

Shabago:
I have a feeling my answer may be potentially disappointing for "most" of my plots @Iiyola Usually I'm sitting in staff land and go "You know, if THIS happened" it would be cool and just roll with it. Unless it's considered "world changing" or multi clan, then it's generally a nice thing to not toe stomp all over other people's turf/work. - Sorry, Brokkr.

Fehu:
But yes to actually plan everything down to the T is pretty impossible. There are too many variables, so for me it's usually just to start out a concept and then see how it goes depending on where PCs want to take it to

Iiyola:
will there be a Known wide RPT any time coming year? >.>

Seidhr:

Calavera:
It's really tough to plan things an entire year in advance on Armageddon. I don't even know where I'm going to be living in six months!

Shabago:
If players make it so?

Iiyola:
 climbs into Teks tower and sets it on fire

Adhira:
You may not quit ooc in this room due to code restrictions.
That is the answer to tents

Shabago:
Then yes, yes that would cause such, @Iiyola  :smile:

Iiyola:
challenge accepted

Adhira:
Alright folks, thanks for asking all those questions.
General chat is now open.

Bushranger:
Can we make a plot where we discover that Zalanthas is a planet in the Firefly canon and can I special app to play Hoban Washburne when the Serenity lands near the clay village?

Shalooonsh:
You only want to blow a new crater in this little moon, Bushranger.  We see right through you.

mansa:
Who is your fav player and why is it mansa?

Adhira:
Because it's a five letter word?

Calavera:
I prefer four letter words.

Babe:
Love

ShaLeah:
I'm totally the favorite as evidenced by my 12 karma

Shalooonsh:
Operation: General Destruction is complete.

ShaLeah:
(and breedy emotional instability)

Brokkr:
As an aside, if the game crashes and you are in a tent, you enter in the room outside of it.  used to be with a destroyed tent, not sure if that is the case anymore.

evilcabbage:
can you... fix the tent?

Nathvaan:
Going to lock this channel up. Thanks everyone, see ya on General!