Lost Emotes

Started by Fredd, November 14, 2017, 11:55:04 AM

Has anyone ever had the problem with CMUD where when you're sending multiple lines (often comes up when writing backgrounds/bios, descs, rumors, drawings, or written materials) and they come out in the wrong order? And it's weird because if you send them again, they'll end up in the exact same wrong order. That was the straw that broke the gwoshi's back for me, and I switched to MUSHclient.

Yeah I've seen that too, it seems to be something about the way armageddon receives text compared to other muds where I've copypasted entire room descriptions in with no problems, I think it must be related to how Arm misses stuff that's sent occasionally maybe?

With CMUD if you CTRL+Shift+Enter you can bring up the editor window and in Options at the top of that window, it has an option to "Send line by line" (also there is a button next to the computer icon to send a single line) instead of the whole chunk of text at once, that might make it easier on whatever is going on with Arm :(
"And in her long nights, in her long house of smoke and miller's stones, she baked the bread we eat in dreams, strangest loaves, her pies full of anguish and days long dead, her fairy-haunted gingerbread, her cakes wet with tears."

Hm, maybe. I never had the problem again after I switched to MUSHclient. Now that I've figured out how to disable MUSHclient's Autosay, I don't think I'll ever have any reason to go back!

I use MUSHclient, and I've never had this problem.

Does this happen when you're entering commands in rapid succession?  Could be you're violating some kind of spam interval and CMUD doesn't stop you.  There might be a setting for minimum inter-command delay in your client you could change.  Total guess, but it seems plausible.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

If you're asking me, no, it never happened when entering commands quickly. It only happened when entering a bunch of long lines of text at the same time. They all got sent, just sometimes in the wrong order. It doesn't really matter unless someone else has this problem, though, since I now use a different client that doesn't do that.

I use kubuntu and can confirm both mudlet and potato mush client were acting rather strangely when trying to play arm.  Suppressing output etc.  I ended up switching to tintin++ and never looked back.  The very rare glitchy output when doing lots of walking but never a problem.