Thoughts about Dwarven Focus

Started by DustMight, November 12, 2017, 08:54:33 PM

I've even seen 'find a focus' as a focus...but that doesn't ring right to me.

Would an unfocused dwarf go mad? Or if they struggled to find a focus...what havok would it wreak on their mind...perhaps thats how they became slaves...*continues musing*
Veteran Newbie

It says in the docs they /can't/ be without a Focus. Their mind simply won't allow it. At /worst/ they're searching for a focus worth their time. Any madness they have is related to something else but they'd still be driven by a focus. I imagine a dwarf that is enslaved is thinking about how if they work hard to be set free then they'll be able to resume ACTIVELY pursing their focus, sort of resting in the back of their mind always.
If they can lift inix with their stubby claws they can lift my fat ass with their beefy backs - Eves #TameableSiltFlyers

January 31, 2018, 11:58:05 PM #27 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:35:05 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

In Dank Sun most dwarves didn't have a focus and took them up and  completed them as they went along. I'd think that'd be a good way to make dwarves less restrictive in mentality but would take away some of the flair of 'these are not humans, they are another race'.

Also dwarves with a focus that die could totally become banshees!

The docs say that most dwarven slaves end up pursuing a focus that benefits their masters, and I sort of assume that Back in the Day, slavery was seen like it is now--- you don't have personhood, but you are valuable and will be fed and watered unless something goes horribly wrong. A dwarf is smart enough to see that they would in most cases want to continue being slaves.

I wonder if there are records of the names and lives of the dwarf or dwarves who reconstructed mirrukim.

Edit: I mean Arm back in the day, by the way.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded