Author Topic: Welcome to the Secret Club!  (Read 327 times)

Brokkr

• Administrator
Welcome to the Secret Club!
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
Welcome!  Glad to have you aboard!

This group is so that we can discuss things we encounter in play testing.  For now, please don't discuss, to the extent you can, the skills your class gets.  At some point I will post all the class descriptions here, but for now there is feedback I want to get based on your perspective of just your class.  Also, please keep any comments here away from IC information, and really any information that might identify who you are playing.

I will be posting topics for discussion as we go through this process.

Ansel

Re: Welcome to the Secret Club!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 11:32:12 PM »
Now that we're hitting the one month mark, what types of things are you interested in seeing in our report?  I've saved most of the data of when I hit certain skill levels/what branched from what, which I'll likely include as a dump at the bottom of the report so you can make sure it was what you were hoping it to be, but are there any other questions/directions we should be reporting on that would help you out?

Brokkr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:59:37 AM »
Making an assumption that after a month, one has had the chance to branch a few things, get good at a few things, etc.  Here are the sort of things that would be good to have feedback on:

• Were the starting skills the right ones, or were there branched skills that would make more sense as starting skills and vice versa?
  • Did the number of starting skills, which ones they were and their starting levels help you get into the flow of things more quickly or slowly than the current guilds?
  • Were you overwhelmed by the number of starting skills and would like fewer?
  • Is the deepness and number of branched skills enjoyable?
  • Have the pain points of existing guild branching been addressed?  (this may be hard to answer if you haven't branched certain things)
  • Did the branching paths make sense and feel natural for the evolution of the character?
  • Has the skillset made you alter the way you would normally play a role?
  • Are skill maximums on skills outside the core competency of your class overly punitive?  Are they completely unworkable, or do they simply make it a bit harder, or necessarily to utilize in different ways than normal?
  • Do you feel the class is lacking when compared against current guild(s)?

And anything else you'd like to comment on.

Brokkr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
My intention is that when the new classes go live, this board will be made public.  I hadnít thought of this originally, but over the last few days I have been thinking about it.  There is information here that the rest of the player base does not have.  I do not want to create a situation of the haves and the have nots.

Please do not take it upon yourselves to distribute information, in anticipation that it will become public anyways.

I am giving you notice in case you feel the need to edit your posts.  I donít see any reason you should, but understand there may have been an expectation of semi-privacy.  Similarly, if you are concerned bout folks seeing your handle (I donít know, in case you are worried someone will link to your character?) please let me know and I will see what I can do!

Brokkr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »
For a number of reasons, mostly based around transparency and fairness, I am opening up this forum to the public, now that it has served its purpose.  New Classes are coming, anticipated within the next couple of weeks.