Mortar and pestle

Started by TheGoose, November 09, 2017, 02:17:11 PM

They don't provide a skill bump to brew, and I don't understand why.

I've bugged it. I've idea'd it. I've brought it up in Discord. Even tried checking one a player newly made. Sure enough, assess shows it does nothing.

What's the dealio?

its a roleplay prop.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

But they're tools, tho.

And they're the only brew tools.

This might change when they rollover brew to the crafting menu, fully. I imagine since Brew is fucking weird it couldn't use tools to increase success. When Brew is entirely a craft, it may change.
Or not.

I seem to remember a mortar and pestle helping with dye making, but I could be wrong.

You should check if both the mortar AND the pestle are functional. They /do/ provide a boost, especially for brewing tablets and stuff. I can assure you that much.

Mortar in es. Pestle in ep.
Lizard time.

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on November 10, 2017, 02:26:08 AM
You should check if both the mortar AND the pestle are functional. They /do/ provide a boost, especially for brewing tablets and stuff. I can assure you that much.

Mortar in es. Pestle in ep.

Yes, customer service, my computer is plugged in.

Yeahno, they are completely non-functional, even when using both.

Codetime

They are non-functional RP prop tools because for the longest time, Brew wasn't really a "skill" with recipes like we have now. Most of the "crafting" was done via script that didn't take bonuses into effect.

If that has changed, it might be worthwhile bugging or idea'ing that mortars and pestles be added as actual "tools" with functional abilities.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

junk mortor
junk pestle (tossing it carelessly into a waste can
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

November 14, 2017, 12:31:13 PM #10 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:52:20 PM by Akariel
Like I informed the Discord server when you asked on there, they are actually quite useful in the application of brewing. Just because an object doesn't say X IS GOOD AT Y does not mean it does not help you do Y. That message only comes up on items specifically designated a certain type of thing. In point of fact, pestles and mortars actually help with quite a few different things as well.

Suffice it to say, if an object exists, it likely does what you expect it to do.