Author Topic: Laptop issue  (Read 73 times)

Kialae

• Publicity Coordinator
Laptop issue
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »
Hi guys, is there anyone who lives in Sydney Australia and isn't scared of opening laptops? My speaker keeps making a crackling noise and I can't fix it. :(

Thank you if so!

RogueGunslinger

Re: Laptop issue
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:36:55 PM »
Speaker crackling is not going to be fixed by anything short of speaker replacement, which means you have to open it up(you probably know all this).

I suggest buying a set of external speakers, or a nice set of headphones. Laptop speakers seem like a novelty to me, but I'm a massive fan of headphones. I honestly don't think it's worth repairing, unless you have excess money to just spend.

Laptop repair is expensive. That said it's not exactly hard. It's time consuming, and you have to be careful, but it's nothing a few youtube videos and a free weekend can't solve. You can buy replacement parts for pretty much any part as long as the laptop isn't super old.

But again, is a speaker crackling worth a couple hundred to repair at a PC shop? Is it worth repairing yourself?

I wouldn't, when headphones or better quality external speakers are so much easier.