Guild Changes - AMA proxy questions

Started by Adhira, November 06, 2017, 02:19:14 PM

Quote from: Miggy on November 10, 2017, 06:02:26 AM
Will there be a wilderness version of backstab for raiders, like ambush?
Will skills of crossbow, bow and slings be split up between the classes?
Will the current subguilds be altered at all to reflect changes to the new skillsets?

Good catch on the subguilds.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Will any skills be exclusive to one class?

Would any kinds of plots or activities be hindered by the absence of an active PC of a particular class?
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

What guilds will get ranger quit and forage food?
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on November 10, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

This is important!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Trick question!  None of the new classes are rangers, so none of the new classes can have ranger quit!

Quote from: Brokkr on November 10, 2017, 10:47:26 PM

Trick question!  None of the new classes are rangers, so none of the new classes can have ranger quit!

Does this mean that the role of quit OOC will be expanded to account for this? Will staff be placing many more wilderness quit safe rooms? How will this be balanced?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

November 10, 2017, 11:18:48 PM #32 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:05:59 PM by Delirium
I'm gonna do that moderator thing where I remind people to only ask questions and not discuss.

TYVM xoxo

Edit: yikes, I was being lighthearted but I can see how that might have been misconstrued. Please do abide by OP's request to refrain from discussion/commentary as otherwise that defeats the purpose of the thread. Thank you!

November 10, 2017, 11:56:55 PM #33 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:53:21 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

How will staff be handling spec apps and skill bumps with the new system?

Quote from: tapas on November 11, 2017, 10:11:33 PM
How will staff be handling spec apps and skill bumps with the new system?

This sort of got answered here http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,53139.0.html  Which says no special apps during the beta for beta players.   It sounded like after the beta and they learn more they will change that.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

November 13, 2017, 01:54:12 PM #36 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:06:33 PM by Armaddict
Is there any thought to mixing up weapon skills?  By that, I mean some rogues having piercing, others not having piercing, etc.

Not all combat types having all four weapon skills?

Having multiple weapon skills but capped at different levels?

In the distant future, if Arm is still around, I'd love to see coded specializations for bonuses, i.e. This class chooses an environment to excel in giving them this bonus, or this class chooses a weapon combination which gives this bonus to defense against this, etc.

Maybe even go deeper into code.  For thinks like an archer with forest specialization being able to use archery without the risk of hitting trees, while all other archers have a flat chance to fail due to foliage.  MY MIND IS GOING CRAY CRAY.  COOL THINGS.

Edit:  Motivation:  I want more shields.  I want more spearmen.  I want swordsmen to be a specialization.  Etc.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

November 13, 2017, 03:14:33 PM #37 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 03:18:52 PM by deathkamon
So this is what I'm getting at from the changes that are gunna happen.

As a result of these changes, there will be a wider variety of classes which are specific to the playstyle of different players. Some of these classes will be better than others, while others (as the "mixed" classes are intend for) would be the middle ground for all these other classes. And then there was also the added thing about skill caps, whereas for example, a maxed shield use on a more stealthy class would be far more inferior when compared to the max given to a more combat oriented class.

In terms of the last thing about skill caps, how would mixed classes bias from the classes it would be "mixed" from?

i.e.: Desert Ninja Amos, a more sneaky ranger, has a lower riding skill cap than Beast Wrangler Wanda, who's more like a badass warrior-ranger. When talking about the new class system, how skilled could a "mixed" ranger be, who's like Amos and Wanda put together, when solely speaking on their aptitude in those skills they got from the "mixing"?