Sling Use

Started by Nile, October 25, 2017, 10:59:12 PM

I can't remember if sling use has always been a skill or not. Am I wrong to assume it's now distinct from archery and has been buffed a bit?
Free your hate.

archery used to encompass all ranged skills, that has now changed.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

It was always strong. People just tended not to use it. There are a couple of benefits to a sling besides free ammo.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

Quote from: Nile on October 25, 2017, 10:59:12 PM
I can't remember if sling use has always been a skill or not. Am I wrong to assume it's now distinct from archery and has been buffed a bit?

Archery - Bows
Crossbow Use - Crossbows
Sling Use - Slings
Blowgun use - Blowguns

They are now all their own separate skills, so you cannot become a Master Archer by only ever using Free Ammo Slings your whole life. Each one supposedly has its own benefits and drawbacks to discover.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Slings are their own individual thing, and imo, are very, very good.

I have spoiled the day of at least two rangers, with their 2000 coin bows, and their 100 coin arrows, who could not have anticipated the ruinous potential, of a handful of free stones, and my 12 coin sling.
"Mortals do drown so."

Archery still has its valuable uses, but yes, slings, crossbows and blowguns are absolutely viable choices in their own ways, now. It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

"I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Thanks. Sounds like a good improvement. Slings are bad ass.
Free your hate.

Quote from: Nile on November 03, 2017, 07:47:05 AM
Slings are bad ass.

We ain't afraid, of no giants.  8)
"Mortals do drown so."

New goal: Take out a PC halfgiant with a sling.

Kind of excited for this with the guild changes.  Poor man's archery being more common than 'highbrow' archery?  Yes plz.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on November 06, 2017, 08:03:35 PM
Kind of excited for this with the guild changes.  Poor man's archery being more common than 'highbrow' archery?  Yes plz.

It would honestly make sense lore-wise too, considering the work it takes to make arrows and how valuable they are.

Slings aren't something to sneeze at!

December 04, 2017, 09:12:55 PM #12 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:28:30 PM by Dresan
Now that we have three ranged skills, I can't help but feel that the hunter sub-guild should get sling use instead of archery.

I digress though, probably for another thread.