Author Topic: I had a dream recently...  (Read 169 times)

Grapes

I had a dream recently...
« on: October 17, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »
That Tuluk was reopened, I was playing my PC in a bar and was told the gates were now open, but uh, you, really don't want to go inside. Can we hope Tuluk will be re-opened in the next year or two? I understand consolidation, but sometimes you need a fresh start in a fresh place.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Adhira

• Producer
Re: I had a dream recently...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 11:04:56 PM »
Reopening Tuluk is something that staff have discussed and looked at many times since its closure.  We've also looked at other options for that 'space' and storyline. 

The issue has always been about the resources we have available in terms of staffing hours to be able to successfully do something with the Tuluk entity.  We have not found ourselves in a place where we are comfortable enough to move ahead with approaching the Tuluk space in any way.

While it may seem that we have a healthy number of staff hours on the books, we don't have the wherewithal to add an area that would essentially add 40% more to the workload.  We have just recently come out of a situation where we had a total of 1 active storyteller on 1 clan group, 0 available storytellers (and 1 admin) on another clan group. We've brought on some additional staff and builders, and are using this time to catch up on things.

Sorry - I know it's not the answer you were hoping to hear. The only assurance that I can give is that Tuluk is not forgotten, staff side, and is always a possibility. At this time we have no plans and could not give any kind of indication on a timeframe on when (if) this might occur.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.