snarkiness

Started by 650Booger, October 17, 2017, 03:18:03 PM

October 20, 2017, 01:20:39 AM #25 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:39:25 AM by Synthesis
Well, you're all free to review my post history and try and figure out where I allegedly was being an asshole, because the post wasn't moderated.

Not talking about moderation actions is an absurd rule.  People have back-and-forths about whether a thread being locked was or wasn't warranted all the time.  Again, the threat of being banned again simply looks like favoritism.  I'm not trying to be inflammatory about it, it's a simple fact.  Name one other person who has been threatened publicly with a ban because they "talked about a moderation action."

I have what...9,000 posts on this board, and prior to the last couple of years, I think I was only banned once for posting a semi-exploit relating to pickpocketing.  In the last couple of years, it's been I dunno...4 or 5 times, and maybe ONCE it was me legitimately flaming someone in a politics thread (where many people were flaming each other with gusto, I might add).  I haven't suddenly developed some bizarre personality disorder.  The staff moderating the GDB have changed, though.

And y'know, someone LITERALLY JUST GOT AWAY with calling me an asshole (rule #2 or #6), and nothing's been done about it.  The staff member who claims there's no double-standard literally just ridiculed someone in another post.  So...I mean...are y'all going to moderate the GDB, or just moderate me because I'm pointing out your inconsistencies and it makes you uneasy?

I also feel like I should clarify something:  I don't have a problem with snarkiness.  What I have a problem with is being punished for things that other people clearly are getting away with, regardless of whatever the purported reason is.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

October 20, 2017, 04:40:21 AM #27 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:55:15 AM by Grapes
Let us lynch all the non-believers.

Also, I agree with Vex.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Quote from: Malken on October 19, 2017, 11:15:44 PM
Quote from: seidhr on October 19, 2017, 09:32:06 PM
I worked for 9 hours today (at my job, you know... the one that pays me) and just got home - haven't eaten dinner yet.  I haven't done any of the actual staff work on my plate that would benefit the game, the reason this board even exists.  I haven't talked to my wife.  I haven't done any of these things because I've spent the last 15 minutes writing this post, and it's probably fruitless because you invariably don't agree and are going to write something inflammatory and probably get banned again.

C'mon dude, you fell right into it!

Not letting this get pagerolled.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: TheGoose on October 20, 2017, 01:07:07 AM
Hey, Booger

I think you're a sweetheart, and that this is a nice thread.

"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I will lock this thread too if it devolves into direct insults against other players. If you have a complaint against another player, the correct route to complain about it is in a player complaint. Staff take those complaints very seriously and will look into them and take action where needed. Please do not insult other players.

if you want to end up like that skull, piss akariel off. you will be devoured by the swarm of rats.

anyways, he's a definition of snarky:

(of a person, words, or a mood) sharply critical; cutting; snide.
"the kid who makes snarky remarks in class"

now here's a definition of jest:

a thing said or done for amusement; a joke.
"there are jests about administrative gaffes"

you tell me if what seidhr said was snarky, or just him jesting with people because he likes to feel like a normal person too.

we can't all feel like cabbages, but normal people probably want to.

it's okay seidhr. you can be a cabbage too.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 21, 2017, 01:59:17 PM

woah, random, I used to work at Zynga, I think that picture was from our Mafia Wars game.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson