Author Topic: Streaming/Cloud TV services  (Read 78 times)

Molten Heart

Streaming/Cloud TV services
« on: October 11, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »
I'm looking at subscribing to one of the live television streaming providers out there and am wondering if anyone here has much experience with them.
Last month I tried out Sony Playstation Vue and found that the interface was funky, and while it allowed streaming from multiple devices, it was rather clunky, it didn't switch well between my phone and my TV, giving me an error message that I'd reached the device limit when from my perspective I hadn't. The videos also didn't stream well.

Currently I'm trying out YouTube TV which I like a lot, it's got a record/DVR feature that I like. The one thing I don't like is that not all the channels they offer have "live TV" so I can't just channel surf on those channels.

There are a couple other live TV streaming services out there (sling tv, hulu, etc) but I haven't tried them yet.

Is anyone else using these services? If so what have you found? Which is your favorite? I'm still shopping around and would appreciate any of your insights. Thank you.

boog

Re: Streaming/Cloud TV services
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
I have had friends on Hulu and Sling and usually Hulu is the preferred choice. A lot of people I've spoken with say that Sling has buffering issues if you're streaming onto your TV, but on mobile devices, it's usually okay.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Riev

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 03:48:18 PM »
Sling has a lot of great options for more network TV.
Hulu's recent app update drives me nuts. Its harder to maneuver around and find what you really want to watch.
Netflix is fine if you don't need stuff up to date, but series and movies coming and going makes it hard to keep up.

If you can only do one, I would suggest either Sling or Hulu, but it depends on what you want to watch.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Melkor

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:30:26 AM »
A cracked Amazon Firestick is a pretty awesome thing to have. Worth considering.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.