Author Topic: Hugh Hefner Dead  (Read 278 times)

MeTekillot

Hugh Hefner Dead
« on: September 28, 2017, 05:41:52 AM »
Discuss?
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

Lizzie

Re: Hugh Hefner Dead
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:37:43 AM »
One of the early-era mansion Bunnies was a waitress in a local luncheonette in my town. She worked there for years til it closed and was bought out by new owners. She was a really lovely lady - was in her early 60's I believe, when I met her. I only knew because I asked about the bunny pendant she had hanging from a chain on her neck. She briefly mentioned fond memories of the Mansion and her time there. She was very articulate, and I got the feeling that she worked at the luncheonette just to keep busy, like she could afford to not "work for a living" if she didn't want to.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

boog

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 08:38:20 AM »
He probably never recovered from the heart attack he must've had when his most recent wife went brunette.

(It's a joke. He vastly prefers blondes.)

Anyway, he was a charitable, giving guy, and even though his sort of lifestyle isn't one I'd choose for myself, everyone who was ever around him genuinely seemed to have loved him. So, RIP, Hugh.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:48:23 AM »
He also advocated black women's rights at a time (1960ies?) when segregation laws were still in effect, so I respect him for that.

Melkor

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:20:57 AM »
Hef liked him some dark chocolate from time to time. ;)

The man was a pioneer, and he changed the course of human sexuality. (imo, for the better)

Almost every man who experienced adolescence pre-internet (and some after) has fond memories of those crisp, glossy pages and the beautiful women within. 

Hef was the man to which every hedonist looked for inspiration and with admiration.

It could never be said that his life was unfulfilled.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Grapes

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 04:06:14 PM »
Not to mention Playboy's pictures tended to be more tasteful, artistic, and respectful of the model than some magazines at the time. The articles were pretty fascinating too.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

James de Monet

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
I think I just accidentally reported Lizzie's post to the moderators when trying to thumb scroll.  Not intentional.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Tuannon

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 04:54:13 AM »
Good riddance.

lordcooper

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 02:46:39 PM »
One of the few hedonists to make a wildly successful career out of it, and earn widespread respect while doing so.  His little patch of heaven on earth isn't how I'd imagine mine, but the dude did some good in the world while having a great time.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.