Author Topic: on religion  (Read 162 times)

650Booger

on religion
« on: September 20, 2017, 02:38:06 AM »
Hey folks!  is it okay to worship gods other than, of course, the Dragon?  For example, can a PC worship Drov, or suk-krath?  and I don't necessarily mean a gicker PC, just a regular old Amos.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Re: on religion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:42:24 AM »
Folk can worship whatever the hell they want, as far as I know. They can worship the sands, the sky, a random brick they found, a lucky penny. But those with an Allanaki heritage (or knowledge of it) should know rather innately that being /seen/ worshipping those things instead of the Dragon (or rather, actively NOT worshipping the Dragon around others when they do, consistently) would likely lead to big, big trouble.
It's hard to deny the Mantis Head.

Fuck yeah, lizard time.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »
Worshiping the elements would be seen as highly suspicious to any proper magick-fearing citizenry.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

Jihelu

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »
Regular Amos either fears, revers, or doesn't fuck around with the Highlord

He may or may not even believe or give a shit about the Highlord, but one can doubt his existence less so than worshiping Drov when you are in his city.
Shade, profits, and George Bush did 9/11

ShaLeah

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:09:33 AM »
Remember that Templar leading His people outside for daily devotions?
Remember those temples in the city?

What do YOU think is expected of an Allanaki?

Outside the city is a different Kruth game. Documented tribes have their deities. 

I would think that in a desolate, post apocalyptic planet everyone not a psycho/sociopath (re: normal) needs .
Quote from: Cenghiz
And ShaLeah's evil, by the way.
Quote from: Ourla
I would slather you in sin and roll you out the other side.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »
Once upon a time, I had a character to worshiped an ox that her family stumbled on in the sewers.  People can worship whatever the heck they wanted, but that character was the kind that ran from templars.  And of course there are the tribes that worship various other things.

Go for it.  Worship whatever the heck you want.  If you do it in Allanak, it's probably heresy, but sometimes it can be fun to live on the edge.