Author Topic: Ingame message boards.  (Read 137 times)

Ingame message boards.
« on: September 08, 2017, 11:07:54 PM »
Regarding the in-game message boards, I've noticed the entries seem to vary between delivering an entry as if you were overhearing/had overheard a conversation (e.g. - "I heard something about Salaar needing a new supplier!" "You dont say?"), and simply outright stating the information the entry wants to put across (e.g. - Salaar looking for new supplier, reach Merchant Gheed for info).

I'm just wondering if one of the two is the "correct" approach, or whether it really is just either or. And, perhaps more to the point, whether either of these entry types bother anyone particularly?
You're solid gold.
I'll see you in hell.

Jihelu

Re: Ingame message boards.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:21:29 PM »
Seeing as it is more a rumor board more so than anything, I think it's best taste to generally leave things like an IC announcement.

"Pages in -whatever- and -whatever- announce X, X, and X" As opposed to
"House Kankshit wants an aide"

That being said if things are a bit more direct no one is going to care /too/ much.
Shade, profits, and George Bush did 9/11

nauta

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:43:56 PM »
Just FYI, there is a help file called 'board etiquette' that sort of answers the question.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 09:51:19 AM »
Just FYI, there is a help file called 'board etiquette' that sort of answers the question.

So there is! Cheers nauta. :) Perhaps this topic would have been better off under New Player Questions in that case.
You're solid gold.
I'll see you in hell.

Riev

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
Just to poke and chide:

"When in doubt, put in a request."

Average Request Turnaround time is between 5-7 days, more on the 7 side if you discount the dozen "join/leave a forum" requests, requests staff put in for their OWN tracking, and requests that do not require staff input. (It goes up by about a half-day to a full day on average if you only count Questions/Reports).
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.