Author Topic: Halflife 3 is dead  (Read 252 times)

Riev

Re: Halflife 3 is dead
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »
I mean, its not surprising to me, but still... I feel empty. That doesn't explain anything, or help me feel at peace with his story.

I guess when you're making them Steam-Sale bucks.... :(
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 02:29:51 PM »
Oh yeah, that game that was kinda relevant ten years ago, I remember that.

Seriously though I haven't expected anything from Valve for so many years this just doesn't really effect me. The story was never anything special enough for me to care.

evilcabbage

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:18:11 PM »
Oh yeah, that game that was kinda relevant ten years ago, I remember that.

Seriously though I haven't expected anything from Valve for so many years this just doesn't really effect me. The story was never anything special enough for me to care.

rise and shine, mister gunslinger

rise

and

shine....

not that i am implying that you have been sleeping on the job...

i think we all knew that half life three would never actually happen.
I could give a shit about wholesome.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 12:49:41 PM »
One of the top comments in that reddit thread made me laugh and laugh.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Half-Life the Third?  I thought not. It's not a story Valve would tell you. It's a PC gaming legend. Half-Life was a first person shooter, so popular and so profitable it could use its engine to influence the modders to create new games... It had such a fanbase that it could even keep other titles they cared about from dying. The profitability was a pathway to many hat-based abilities some consider to be unnatural. It became so powerful... the only thing it was afraid of was delivering a mediocre final chapter, which eventually, of course, it didn't. Unfortunately, it taught its creator Valve everything about making money, then its creator killed it in development. It's ironic it could save others from being vaporware, but not itself.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

evilcabbage

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:07:50 AM »
that.

is.

genius.

if nobody gets the quote.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis, was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful, and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create... life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about... from dying. The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was... losing his power, which, eventually of course he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself. 
I could give a shit about wholesome.

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 12:29:54 AM »
I didn't catch that, thanks for the clarification.  GG.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!