Zalanthas as Game of Thrones?

Started by Riev, August 24, 2017, 11:21:10 AM

I'm sure someone has made the connection before, but I was just thinking:

Luir's Outpost is like the Wall (maybe sort of in reverse) with them constantly battling back the Gith to the point where its ALMOST a sole occupation.

Morin's and other northern areas are North of the Wall. The topography is different, animals are bigger, but the people there are few and far between, and VERY tribalistic.

To the South, you have Kings All-landing. The center of politics, drama, and the biggest power in the land.

Is it just me? Is anyone else waiting for Tek's Son/Daughter/Granddaughter/whatever to come sailing across the Silt Sea to the East to reclaim her throne?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Allister Thorne is every long-lived unsponsored combat role who has to put up with snowflakes, characters knowing too much for their age, overly smart giants, spec-apps getting parachuted in to command him and unfair resurrections of people he's already PK'ed.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on August 24, 2017, 01:23:49 PM
Allister Thorne is every long-lived unsponsored combat role who has to put up with snowflakes, characters knowing too much for their age, overly smart giants, spec-apps getting parachuted in to command him and unfair resurrections of people he's already PK'ed.

This is incredibly apt.

you have to capitalize "Snowflakes" though

all my male characters are built like podrick
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Quote from: 650Booger on August 24, 2017, 02:02:06 PM
all my male characters are built like podrick

Meaning they do all their best work when you're not being the wheel?

Also, a recent sponsored role of yours... as Pod... it really does make sense now. I see it.

You know nothing Jon Snow
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Lmao
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

"fucking wildlings is against the docs" ~ Allister Thorne, probably

Samwell Tarley is the one PC who keeps trying to get into House Negean, despite the House not being open for play, and then staff finally just shutdown the city to him. If they wanted Sam to have that knowledge, they would have given it to him.

August 25, 2017, 05:12:52 PM #12 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:14:53 PM by tapas
The story would have ended before the books even began. Robert Baratheon would have killed the Lannisters over minor quibbles and then he'd stop logging on as he got bored of mudsex and party rpt's.

Quote from: tapas on August 25, 2017, 05:12:52 PM
The story would have ended before the books even began. Robert Baratheon would have killed the Lannisters over minor quibbles and then he'd stop logging on as he got bored of mudsex and party rpt's.

And then reroll as a Bynner while badgering Ned Stark's player to store his "boring" character and come play sellswords with him.

Long-lived PCs are like the Stark kids.

"Holy shit, everyone we used to know is dead but somehow we survived and we're kinda badass now."

Long-lived PCs are wierd. You get to a certain point and stuff just stops killing you.

Meh. There's always an Ice King to your Viserion.

Game of Thrones Season 7 definitely accurately tracks travel times in Zalanthas.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

I exclusively play the Titan's Bastard. I talk a good amount of shit, have vast potential, and shortly end up as a severed head.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...