Author Topic: Excited to be on a book launch team  (Read 73 times)

Lizzie

Excited to be on a book launch team
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »
I'm guessing most if not all of you have heard of Candace Payne, or her viral video that brought her fame as "Chewbacca Mom." She's been writing a book, and it can be pre-ordered for its release on November 7. It's called "Laugh it Up" and it's a biographical piece on how she got where she is today. Not a happy-happy joy-joy younger years, then adulthood, then marriage and kids - she's a stay at home mom - the viral video, then immediate whirlwind of fame, and wanting to use her fame to spread a message of joy.

I know I know - but Lizzeh - wtf "message of joy?" we're gamers - murder corruption betrayal sarcasm cynicism etc. etc. etc. I get it. But this lady is sincere and legit, and she isn't one of those creepy cult-members with their heads in the sand about reality. I mean - she did buy a talking Chewbacca mask for herself - that gives her a bit of cred right there. She's pretty hillarious.

So I'm on her book launch team, me and another 499 people from all over the world. What do I get out of it? A free book, and maybe a chance to get advance notice on a local book signing if she has one near me. What do I have to do for that? Not even sure. But I figured I'd let y'all know a) she exists, b) she wrote a book, and c) you can pre-order paper or kindle edition (on Amazon), and it'll be released in November.

The book is "Laugh it Up: Embrace Freedom and Experience Defiant Joy."
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.