Climbing equipment, and quality.

Started by Vex, August 23, 2017, 03:12:18 AM

When assessing rope, or other things for climbing, it gives a quality, which is really, very helpful.

But, when assessing climbing gloves, or, at least, all of the climbing gloves I've seen, it reads non-functional. It gives that return, even if the gloves are in perfect repair, or brand new, from the NPC vendor. Does this mean, they're no good for climbing?

When assessing climbing boots, or the climbing boots I've found, it gives NO return on their quality assessment. Does this mean, then, they're only flavor text, without a benefit for trading out otherwise way better boots?
"Mortals do drown so."

If something is a climbing tool, assess will say "...might be used in climbing."
If it says "...appears completely non-functional." it has a quality of zero.  It may still be useful for climbing, and I would suggest using the idea command on such items to give them a quality rating, if that would make sense.
It something doesn't give a tool message, it isn't a tool.  It is likely still beneficial to climbing, if the sdesc indicates that it is for climbing.