Color Coding - What do you use?

Started by Riev, August 22, 2017, 10:58:49 AM

I still notice that when people bold or italicize, everything on that line gets that emphasis. I've become used to it, but if someone psi's me feelings, the whole message ends up in bold.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

That doesn't happen for me. It only seems to happen when people omit a closing symbol. But if it's just a psi bug I wouldn't notice.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

bg_room_name       Dark Red
fg_room_exits         Dark Green
fg_object                 Grey
fg_char                    Ochre
fg_combat_charhit   Bright Red
fg_combat_victhit     Bright Green
fg_combat_room      Bright Cyan

Black background, white text

The bright cyan tends to be a bit annoying in spam combat situations, but it doesn't happen often.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Is the lack of combat highlights purely a mushclient problem?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on September 15, 2017, 02:38:17 PM
Is the lack of combat highlights purely a mushclient problem?

You'll have to be a little more specific.  Which version of MUSHclient are you using?  Also, highlighting may be a little too ambiguous as well.  Are you looking to highlight with italics, underline or bolding? 

If it is bolding there are considerations due to how ANSI bolding works as to which colors you can use as fg_combat_charhit, fg_combat_charmiss, fg_combat_victhit and fg_combat_victmiss.

The good rule of thumb would be you would need to use one of the following colors on those four items to make bolding the sdesc of whom you are fighting. "black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan and white".

Eg.
changt color emphasize bold
change color fg_combat_charhit red
change color fg_combat_charmiss green
change color fg_combat_victhit red
change color fg_combat_victmiss green

This, along with having MUSHclient 5.05 would make hits red and misses green and highlight the sdesc of whom you are fighting in bright red and bright green for instance.

Ah, I didn't see that versions had gone above 4.94.

I have my beloved, oft-coveted highlights back.  Thank you sir.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger