family roll calls, how do they work?

Started by 650Booger, August 21, 2017, 01:39:33 PM

I have ideas floating around about doing a family roll call at some point in the future.  how does one typically go about getting this setup, getting your lore approved by staff, etc?
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Family%20Roles

This will set you up with what you need to know.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

August 21, 2017, 02:35:01 PM #2 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:36:33 PM by nauta
Here's what I did with an elf family role call I made:

1. Died.
2. Thought about it a bit.
3. Jotted down some documentation ideas, formatted nicely.  About a page since it was actually a tribe, outlining the things the help file asked us to outline.
4. Submitted a Role Application Request with the documentation I had drafted up.
5. Staff and I went back and forth tweaking it.
6. Staff gave me a Request # to post on my chargen character's bio.
7. Posted in Player Announcements a brief announcement saying I was accepting applications for family members.  I asked them for playtimes, since I wanted to play together.
8. Went through the apps and picked four of them.
9. I sent sorry messages to the ones that didn't get accepted.
10. I entered the game through chargen using the Request # staff gave me.
11. I told the other family members my PC's name via PM.  I also insisted that I didn't want very much OOC communication.

Step 12 is optional, but that's when half your family dies within the first IG week.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

you guys are awesomepants!
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson