Highlighting

Started by Is Friday, August 20, 2017, 08:38:33 PM

For whatever reason the mud stopped highlighting hits for combat. How do I re-enable this?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

This can be done by modifications to the your change color settings.  I am not sure if you mean it is no longer coloring hits or if you mean that it is not highlighting the sdesc's.  Either way it will be a setting with your 'change color' settings.

If you do a 'change color export' and any of the combat_ colors are above 7 the highlighting will not work.  This is because of how ANSI bolding works.  It can only bold the eight standard colors.

If you mean that the combat hit text isn't highlighting the color you expect, check what your settings are with the 'change color export' command and compare it to the 'change color palette' list.  There is probably an error in there somewhere.

If all else fails, send in a request with the issue and a log and description of what you are seeing as well as a log of your 'change color export' settings and we will have a look.

Thanks.