game pop

Started by 650Booger, July 28, 2017, 01:34:39 PM

I'm noticing an uptick in average server pops lately.  cruising in the high 20s during off-peak and getting up to the 50s during peak.  this pleases me!

generally discuss.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Its because I'm cool and people want to play near me.

Its probably not even closely related to that. I know like three people.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Everytime I start playing after a long hiatus, I see these types of numbers. (or more) And I always hear about low numbers, but rarely see them.  I know the correlation is strictly concidence,  but my character's usual suspicious natures wants me to believe that is directly related.  So I apologize for all the times I wasn't able or willing to play, I'll make up for it Armageddon.

Changes have been announced and executed for Quality of Life and mechanical improvements out of the game, and by and large they were pleasing to me(and I'm guessing some other subset of players).  The in game environment has also been . . . to avoid spoilers:  opened up a bit.  I suspect this is pleasing to a subset of players as well.  Staff seem to be responsive and attentive to player feedback for the last couple months.  Given my penchant for soapboxing about such things, I'm obviously pleased and I imagine so are others.

All in all, Arm's moving and shaking.   I'm not surprised players counts are going up a bit.  Further, the summer lull is ending, and that, even if a bit of a standard answer, really does impact things too.

As long as I have a couple people to play with, I'm happy.

Voting brings in the new blood, though, and it takes something like 25 juiced clickthroughs to create one glass of new player.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

No, its cause I am cool.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

The second week in August is usually the most popular week of the year to play, and the second week in April is usually the least popular week to play.

For example - someone did an advertisement on Reddit and that same week we had over 100 new accounts created, when usually we have 40 accounts created a week.  It also had 108 characters created that same week.

There's always a dramatic dropoff of players who go through each step of:

a) Learn about the Game
b) Create an Account
c) Create a Character
d) Enter the Game
e) Play for a week
f) Play for a month
g) Die
h) Create a new character

I wish Oryx would post something about where players come from as of the months of April / May / June
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one