Atrium time!

Started by Riev, July 26, 2017, 01:44:45 PM

There used to be an Oash female aide who had been around FOREVER. She knew everyone, how to make things happen, and was fun to interact with (if a bit too hard to murder).

I don't know anything about the Atrium, but I think staff ought to find that player and hogtie her and drag her over to lead the Atrium's training program. Even if you got to dig up old bones to do so. I have no idea if she's alive or dead.

You give nobles power and they're supposed to "do things to involve others", but they need efficient aides to do so. I think the aide is more important than the noble, in many ways, as the noble could be entirely vNPC but the aide would need to be a player. And it needs to be a good aide who gets out and meets people, makes contacts of all social strata, and does more than just sip tea with their friends in Red's.

We need aides who can sit in the Gaj without getting mad when some rinther talks to them and calling for the guard. We need aides who actually do more than mudsex all day in an apartment somewhere. We need aides who serve as plot drivers for their nobles.

...Be the change?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I can't tell you guys how much I love this conversation. I'm HYPED for you to discover that we've been on the same page all along.

Incidentally, Miradus, that player you mentioned (if we're thinking of the same) was the one who introduced ME to the Atrium a great many years ago. They are spectacular. I'm hoping we can indeed teach more newbies how to become involved on that level.

You'll never pull me back into the city, Oryx! I've tasted the freedom of the desert, and nothing will eve-

A ruddy brown mekillot has arrived from the west

... er... are you sure applications are closed?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Oryx on August 03, 2017, 02:08:21 PM
I can't tell you guys how much I love this conversation. I'm HYPED for you to discover that we've been on the same page all along.

Incidentally, Miradus, that player you mentioned (if we're thinking of the same) was the one who introduced ME to the Atrium a great many years ago. They are spectacular. I'm hoping we can indeed teach more newbies how to become involved on that level.

Glad to hear! That means I should be excited for its presence. Cuz I like more clans, and I like more stuff-to-do!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I idea'd the idea that the Atrium could offer private lessons for those with the money and standing to receive them, without needing to be an aide or aide-to-be, and staff came over on the code sidewalk and told me, basically, that this was possible. Not that it WOULD happen, but that it COULD.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Miradus on August 03, 2017, 01:23:33 PM
There used to be an Oash female aide who had been around FOREVER. She knew everyone, how to make things happen, and was fun to interact with (if a bit too hard to murder).

I don't know anything about the Atrium, but I think staff ought to find that player and hogtie her and drag her over to lead the Atrium's training program. Even if you got to dig up old bones to do so. I have no idea if she's alive or dead.

If it's the Oash aide I'm thinking of, I don't think the player has that much time to play.  :(

...I know because that person is my IC sibling.

+1 for Cind's idea, btw. Back when I played in the Atrium, I didn't see much in the way of lessons happening, though there were tons of other fun RP opportunities. It would be nice if lessons could be had without full membership - and, depending on your timezone and bad luck - without lots and lots of solo RP.

Solo RP weariness is one of the reasons I'm not playing at the moment.

Quote from: Cind on October 23, 2017, 12:43:01 AM
I idea'd the idea that the Atrium could offer private lessons for those with the money and standing to receive them, without needing to be an aide or aide-to-be, and staff came over on the code sidewalk and told me, basically, that this was possible. Not that it WOULD happen, but that it COULD.

Not that it WOULD happen, but that it COULD.

Its a common thing around here. You CAN do it. You CAN do anything you want to. But there are consequences. Sometimes they are IC consequences, sometimes you're tried in the court of Public GD-Pinion. Is it something you wouldn't do, because docs? Who cares! You CAN do it, you just might not be allowed to play ever again!

Atrium CAN offer private lessons, but I bet they'd be expensive, and they probably wouldn't tell anyone it was official Atrium training just in case you turn out to be a shithead.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on October 23, 2017, 10:10:27 AM
Not that it WOULD happen, but that it COULD.

This isn't one of those cases, not as I've experienced the Atrium reboot.

Quote from: Akaramu on October 23, 2017, 07:51:16 AM
Back when I played in the Atrium, I didn't see much in the way of lessons happening...

Same with this, though I can't speak for the off-peak experience.

Former player 2/27/23, sending love

October 25, 2017, 10:51:54 AM #34 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:53:33 AM by Fredd
I aint gonna go into to much IC here but... I may, or may not have heard of at least one PC getting lessons from the Atrium, and wasn't in training to be an Aide.

This may or may not mean: It depends on the person asking, how they ask, and if they can pay something the instructors want. in other words...Exactly what you would expect?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I don't think any GMH is going to turn away sid. I don't really give a fuck what that merc is doing with 10k gem encrusted flail or who lady fancypanties is gonna dress with 6 of the same color gowns, why lord templar needs 52 bricks of tho or exactly what that dorf is gonna do to I mean WITH a life-sized wooden sculpture of an anatomically correct nude female dorf. I care whether they can afford it.

Smart people who can afford instruction on what the Atrium offers should be flocking there to learn it. Especially anyone who deals with the 1% on a regular basis and that includes 16 year old new GMH puppies coming out to play for the first time.  Are you an up and coming rinther with dreams of Templars in your pocket? Get your ass to the Atrium, clean up some.  They're probably gonna charge you 3 times the usual fee but wtf, you need that training.
I remember my come back character played with Dessertman's guilder. He had a pet named Pearl who was a handful. That bitch coulda used some Atrium like a mufucka.

It should become the Byn of smart/classy people if it isn't already, no joke.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I haven't played in it since the rework, but I remember being desperately bored even for my self-sufficient standards.

Purely social RP is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, especially not if it's overly restrictive. So I don't think forcing an expectation that people should join a clan mainly for the OOC reasons of populating it are going to go over well.

Quote from: Delirium on October 25, 2017, 11:14:50 AM
I haven't played in it since the rework, but I remember being desperately bored even for my self-sufficient standards.

I think that def attributed to the clan failure before maybe?

Purely social RP is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, especially not if it's overly restrictive.

Definitely.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Purely social RP is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, especially not if it's overly restrictive. So I don't think forcing an expectation that people should join a clan mainly for the OOC reasons of populating it are going to go over well.

I had the opportunity to play in the Atrium directly before reworking it, and that happy circumstance fueled a great many of the changes. It DID have boring parts! I was also lucky enough to work with several other staffers who had played in the Atrium in the not distant past, as well as many players who were willing to volunteer their best and worst experiences in the clan.

Happily we have no need to force any OOC populating of it, as it's been full stock full of some of the most magnificent players since we reopened the gates. I can't tell you all what a joy it's been to watch you politic and scheme. It's been completely brilliant. I guess this is my kudos to the players who've taken the clan back to life.

You've made me extremely happy. Clans can't always carry on this magnificently, though. A lot of it is due to spectacular leadership. I'm sure there will be less thrilling times in the future, just as in life.

Incidentally, I was the staffer who answered Cind and Shal is on point. Minor Merchant Houses also want to make a buck.