Author Topic: Atrium time!  (Read 777 times)

Miradus

Re: Atrium time!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
There used to be an Oash female aide who had been around FOREVER. She knew everyone, how to make things happen, and was fun to interact with (if a bit too hard to murder).

I don't know anything about the Atrium, but I think staff ought to find that player and hogtie her and drag her over to lead the Atrium's training program. Even if you got to dig up old bones to do so. I have no idea if she's alive or dead.

You give nobles power and they're supposed to "do things to involve others", but they need efficient aides to do so. I think the aide is more important than the noble, in many ways, as the noble could be entirely vNPC but the aide would need to be a player. And it needs to be a good aide who gets out and meets people, makes contacts of all social strata, and does more than just sip tea with their friends in Red's.

We need aides who can sit in the Gaj without getting mad when some rinther talks to them and calling for the guard. We need aides who actually do more than mudsex all day in an apartment somewhere. We need aides who serve as plot drivers for their nobles.

boog

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »
...Be the change?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Oryx

• Storyteller
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
I can't tell you guys how much I love this conversation. I'm HYPED for you to discover that we've been on the same page all along.

Incidentally, Miradus, that player you mentioned (if we're thinking of the same) was the one who introduced ME to the Atrium a great many years ago. They are spectacular. I'm hoping we can indeed teach more newbies how to become involved on that level.

Riev

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
You'll never pull me back into the city, Oryx! I've tasted the freedom of the desert, and nothing will eve-

Code: [Select]
A ruddy brown mekillot has arrived from the west
... er... are you sure applications are closed?
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Armaddict

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2017, 02:18:43 PM »
I can't tell you guys how much I love this conversation. I'm HYPED for you to discover that we've been on the same page all along.

Incidentally, Miradus, that player you mentioned (if we're thinking of the same) was the one who introduced ME to the Atrium a great many years ago. They are spectacular. I'm hoping we can indeed teach more newbies how to become involved on that level.

Glad to hear! That means I should be excited for its presence. Cuz I like more clans, and I like more stuff-to-do!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger