Stable time for mounts

Started by chrisdcoulombe, July 20, 2017, 08:22:07 PM

Wise man say "Ride often; own two mounts"

Can't afford it?  Life is hard
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Did a little more testing.  I put a standard mount with default endurance in a stable. I rested the mount and knocked their stamina down to .05% of their maximum stamina.  I then checked back exactly 30 minutes to the second later and they had recovered 64.4% of their stamina.

It's still faster to rest them in the stables than not in the stables but we are discussing ways to make it less binary for realism.

Quote from: Nathvaan on July 21, 2017, 07:28:51 PM
Did a little more testing.  I put a standard mount with default endurance in a stable. I rested the mount and knocked their stamina down to .05% of their maximum stamina.  I then checked back exactly 30 minutes to the second later and they had recovered 64.4% of their stamina.

It's still faster to rest them in the stables than not in the stables but we are discussing ways to make it less binary for realism.

Anecdotal data here - no idea if there's truth to it or not.

My experience - is that a mount brought down to "very tired" or "exhausted" or "completely exhausted" will take longer to recover 1 "notch" than a mount at tired or weary. In other words -

A "tired" mount might take only 7 minutes in a specific location to bump up one notch to "getting tired."
A "very tired" mount would take 10 minutes in the same location to bump up one notch to "tired."

Again - that's just anecdotal but my experience has been consistent throughout the years.

Edited to note: the timing isn't exact, I never counted the actual number of minutes. It's just always taken "longer" with "longer" being "anything more than usual, however long that happens to be."

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 21, 2017, 08:13:00 PM

My experience - is that a mount brought down to "very tired" or "exhausted" or "completely exhausted" will take longer to recover 1 "notch" than a mount at tired or weary. In other words -

A "tired" mount might take only 7 minutes in a specific location to bump up one notch to "getting tired."
A "very tired" mount would take 10 minutes in the same location to bump up one notch to "tired."

Again - that's just anecdotal but my experience has been consistent throughout the years.

Edited to note: the timing isn't exact, I never counted the actual number of minutes. It's just always taken "longer" with "longer" being "anything more than usual, however long that happens to be."

I can totally see where you are coming from here.  I didn't really have a good feel for the timing until testing for this change either.  From a category perspective (exhausted, very tired etc) it can feel like the timing is a bit different but I can assure you all that I watched the actual stamina points to see how they regenerated over 30 mins in ideal conditions (mount resting, inside, in a stable).  This means that 30 mins in the stable is actually faster from near 0 stamina to 100% than it would be just resting the mount.  Also one thing to keep in mind is if your mount is exhausted, it probably isn't actually at 0 stamina just yet but might be close.

For realism and play-ability we are looking at ways to make it give proper credit for stabled time even if you didn't wait to get your mount out after exactly 30 RL minutes.  Stay tuned.

Hooray
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: Nathvaan on July 21, 2017, 08:42:16 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on July 21, 2017, 08:13:00 PM

I can totally see where you are coming from here.  I didn't really have a good feel for the timing until testing for this change either.  From a category perspective (exhausted, very tired etc) it can feel like the timing is a bit different but I can assure you all that I watched the actual stamina points to see how they regenerated over 30 mins in ideal conditions (mount resting, inside, in a stable).  This means that 30 mins in the stable is actually faster from near 0 stamina to 100% than it would be just resting the mount.  Also one thing to keep in mind is if your mount is exhausted, it probably isn't actually at 0 stamina just yet but might be close.

For realism and play-ability we are looking at ways to make it give proper credit for stabled time even if you didn't wait to get your mount out after exactly 30 RL minutes.  Stay tuned.

My hero! (I still love the rest of you please don't dock my karma).

This is now in place.  It still takes 30 RL mins to fully regen but now it will give the mount the correct stamina regen based on how many minutes have passed since they were stabled.

Thats awesome.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

There was on major bug already patched in to the game.  I am not 100% convinced it is totally bug free though.  Please feel free to wish up or put in a request if something is amiss, especially if your recently un-stabled mount is completely out of stamina.  Thanks!

I haven't had a chance to test this yet but +1!

I believe I have the bug fixed and it should go in tomorrow morning.  This should fix all the cases where an older mount ticket is used and the mount comes out extremely exhausted.  If it still happens to you after tomorrow morning's reboot, please file a game bug request and we'll have a look!