I made a map of Allanak.

Started by RiftTalon, July 20, 2017, 07:59:48 PM

July 20, 2017, 07:59:48 PM Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:23:13 PM by Delirium
I dedicated a lot of time to making a map of Allanak, and this is what I have so far. It'll be updated periodically. Hope you guys find it useful.

<snip> - Delirium

I'm pretty sure this is a no-no!
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Hi there,

While I'm sure your intentions are sound this is indeed a no-no.

Any maps or in-game info like this needs to be run by staff before you post it.

I do applaud you making maps on your own, though!  exploration is at least 30% of the fun of the game
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I make my own maps too.

I find it easier to explore with a map.

I've even found map items in game, too!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I made maps a long time ago and now they are out of date.  I'm too lazy to edit them.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

You should submit it under the request tool, if it has some artistic flavor and doesn't spoil anything secretly IC that a general commoner wouldn't know, I imagine it might go up on the website as a tool to help new players.

Keep trying to contribute, just clear it with the staff before you make it universally available :)

I remember once wanting to make a 3D map of Tuluk with Sketchup, until I realized the Grid System isn't 100% foolproof.

I'm all for the making of a map though! Like Vox said, don't stop contributing, we just want to be sure the map doesn't have like "Behind this door is a super secret GARGOYLE!" or something. You know?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

There's a great interactive map done by (I think?) JDM:

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/maps/Allanak/

That should give you an idea of about the level of detail that should go into a map if you want to submit one!

Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

The map only displays rooms, their exits, and the names of points of interest.

Whether or not that is giving away too much information; I do not know, but I assumed it wouldn't be (considering there's also already a map of Allanak in the help files, and a few by other players.)

But if any admin doesn't want me sharing this, I'll comply.

Quote from: RiftTalon on July 21, 2017, 09:44:18 PM
The map only displays rooms, their exits, and the names of points of interest.

Whether or not that is giving away too much information; I do not know, but I assumed it wouldn't be (considering there's also already a map of Allanak in the help files, and a few by other players.)

But if any admin doesn't want me sharing this, I'll comply.

I think its less "doesn't want" so much as "wants to know specifically whats being shared, before information that might be "secret" is let out". I for one like to see people's maps, because the ASCII ones are never as good as you want them to be.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.