Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7  (Read 5226 times)

deathkamon

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2017, 12:57:12 AM »
So, critical review on the episode.

Tl;dr: Anticlimatic, bit too much unnecessary tension, but a good preview for the next season ahead.

Concerning the first two points in the tl;dr, I felt there was a lot of weird stuff going on. Now not to say there wasn't any action at all, which there definitely was, just a bit limited (i.e.: The Beef Fist Beach Brawl). Aside from this, the whole thing going on between the back and forths between each character during the inital meeting itself between Dany and Cersei was a bit... Eh. It definitely drew out the characters' personas, but in my opinion, the meeting should've all happened at an earlier episode. One of the good climaxes in terms of side stories though was the sudden plot twist, when Lord Balish (Unsure on how to spell the name) was put on trial in Winterfell, instead of who he intended, and was promptly one-room'd. Definitely caught me off guard as soon as Sansa said the name Lord Balish. As well as the regained vengeance brought from the at-one-point Reek onto Euron Greyjoy? That was invigorating.

Now as for the preparation for next season. It had better be damn worth the time that comes equal to that of requesting for account notes, because the ending to the episode? It's going to be building a lot of hype for the fan base, and seeing how this season was put on far more critically (In a bad way), the writers will have to do some un-shitting, especially after slapping in stuff like the full plate one mile lake swim marathon. But besides the meta and the six month long wait.

What's worse than a dragon? An undead dragon? No? How about an undead dragon with a Godzilla plasma beam that can shred a five-hundred-meter-thick wall of pure ice like a mek claw versus a halfling?

Still not enough?

How about we put that in, add in the White Walkers' undead-raising abilities, combined with their undead army of approx. 500,000, with around two, maybe three hundred of them being motherfucking undead giants, and only a handful of people armed with 'sid to kill the undead?

Yeah. It's gunna be a bad time.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:08:39 AM by deathkamon »

MeTekillot

« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2017, 04:41:31 AM »
The dialog is kind of a slog without them having book convos to adapt.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

lordcooper

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »
"You know who's coming for you. You've always known."

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2017, 01:52:35 PM »
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

BadSkeelz

« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
That feel you get when...You find out you are fucking your aunt.

I imagine Jon's reaction after being told will be something like this

"You know who's coming for you. You've always known."

What is Hype may never die
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

Is Friday

« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
I feel like Baelish was a character so complex and political that the adapted version of him began to fail as soon as they didn't have books to base his maneuvering on. I felt underwhelmed with his death mostly because he was outed by a twink psion, but yeah, kinda feel like they didn't have enough done in the plot for his death.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

LucildaHunta

« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
Nah, the books and the show both set Sansa up to be Littlefinger's downfall. He trained her to be the female Littlefinger, I'm pretty sure that's where the book is going. So it's kind of fitting that he's undone by himself.

That's why I was so worried that he was pulling one over on both Arya and Sansa a couple episodes back. Because he really taught Sansa well, and she was too far along to fall for his machinations.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

Molten Heart

« Reply #307 on: August 29, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »
The dialog is kind of a slog without them having book convos to adapt.

Others agree that the writing has suffered.

http://mashable.com/2017/08/28/game-of-thrones-adult-swim-rick-and-morty/

TheGoose

« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »

deathkamon

« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
This is why I'm always gunna be down to watch Adult Swim. When they get so savage as to drop stuff like that, it burns like hell.

FamousAmos

« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2017, 10:29:28 PM »

Molten Heart

« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »
So I went and re-watched season 7.

Something that stood out to me. Remember when Jon Snow first arrives on Dragonstone island, where he's walking up the path and Tyrion is berating Jon for leaving the north and coming south, implying that he'll die like his Father. Jon replies "I'm not a Stark." Immediately after his reply, a dragon swoops down out of the air and roars as if to say "That's right, you're a Targaryen."

Is this a bit of foreshadowing on the writers part or am I reading too much into it? Has anyone noticed any more of this or other subtle plot clues?

Riev

« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »
So I went and re-watched season 7.

Something that stood out to me. Remember when Jon Snow first arrives on Dragonstone island, where he's walking up the path and Tyrion is berating Jon for leaving the north and coming south, implying that he'll die like his Father. Jon replies "I'm not a Stark." Immediately after his reply, a dragon swoops down out of the air and roars as if to say "That's right, you're a Targaryen."

Is this a bit of foreshadowing on the writers part or am I reading too much into it? Has anyone noticed any more of this or other subtle plot clues?

Many people noticed that from the first time the episode aired. Another one of those confirmations of a fan theory, before actually confirming it.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.