Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7  (Read 2981 times)

BadSkeelz

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »
Her name was Talisa, wasnt it?

Ah shit, probably. It's been awhile.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

deathkamon

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »
It's funny how most characters that may have had a huge relevance in previous seasons when they were alive have little to none now that they're dead, thus why so many people forget about them. Even I can't remember most names from season 5 down except for the big names (i.e.: Joffrey [Fuck that kid], Ned Stark, etc.).

BadSkeelz

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »
As Littlefinger would probably say, the dead don't matter except for the stench.

Which would normally be true if everyone wasn't scheduled for a Zombie Apocalypse. I'm hoping the show can do some interesting storytelling when the low fantasy realpolitik finally crashes head-on in to the high fantasy zombie invasion. I though Jon could have more forcefully stated (especially to Sansa) that retribution and land redistribution make a lot of sense when there isn't a supernatural doomsday bearing down on them.

I also think we're going to see a dragon die this season. My leading scenarios for how:

1) Jamie suicide-charging one with a lance
2) The Mountain punching one out ala The Hulk in Avengers
3) Euron Greyjoy ramping his ship off of another ship's capsized hull to crash in to a dragon in middair.
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

manipura

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »

It was.

flurry

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 10:36:53 PM »

After googling I realized that's who he meant, but the funny thing is there's a Talia Forrester in the Telltale GoT game. Not a queen but she sings a badass song about House Forrester. ("From ice/From ice/We Forresters born/To ice we all return…") Youtube it if you care but the rest of the song will be spoilery to that game's story.

Be the change you want to see in Zalanthas.

Refugee

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »
Holy shit...

Is Friday

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 12:05:51 AM »
Good ol' Theron performing in the clutch...
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 01:48:14 AM »
Gonna miss those Snake sisters or w/e they're called.

They were hot.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 01:59:03 AM »

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 02:12:16 AM »
Most certainly one of the most badass ways to board a vessel, for sure.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

manipura

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 02:31:08 AM »
Gonna miss those Snake sisters or w/e they're called.

They were hot.

I seriously disliked all the Sand Snakes.

boog

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 03:25:23 AM »
They were terribly portrayed. Meh. Especially momma snake, just letting her daughter fight for her. C'mon.

I'm sure everyone likes Danny's actress and her handmaid whatever her name is because they're good actresses too.

Lel.

I wasn't that interested in this episode. Except for the greyscale to pot pie scene transition. I squeaked.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

deathkamon

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2017, 03:39:41 AM »
I think we can all agree unanimously that Reek is/was a squealing bitch, thus why he never came to the rescue. It was somewhat predictable that he would dolphin dive off the ship. On top of that, Tyrion's plan to take over Westeros seemed way too good and elaborate to be true, and as we've seen multiple times in GoT, it leads to the enemy overpowering them. However, I'm glad the TV series is staying true to the unpredictability put into R.R.Martin's books.

EDIT: Seriously, if those Sand Snakes and their lazy-ass momma queen kept on surviving, it would've sapped the hell out of the fans.

MOMMA
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:42:50 AM by deathkamon »

manipura

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2017, 04:17:51 AM »
I think we can all agree unanimously that Reek is/was a squealing bitch, thus why he never came to the rescue. It was somewhat predictable that he would dolphin dive off the ship. On top of that, Tyrion's plan to take over Westeros seemed way too good and elaborate to be true, and as we've seen multiple times in GoT, it leads to the enemy overpowering them. However, I'm glad the TV series is staying true to the unpredictability put into R.R.Martin's books.

EDIT: Seriously, if those Sand Snakes and their lazy-ass momma queen kept on surviving, it would've sapped the hell out of the fans.

MOMMA

I'm assuming that we are supposed to believe that Theon resorted to his Reek-ways and jumped off the ship to save himself.
I am also assuming that Theon's dive was meant to encourage Euron to drop his guard a bit, and when it's not expected Theon will man up and put those fine archery skills of his to good use again.  I'm hoping so...but this is GoT so who knows.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 04:20:19 AM »

Refugee

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 07:18:46 AM »
There was way too much fire for a close quarters old sailing ship battle.  No one would've sailed away from that.  But I don't care.  It was awesomely entertaining so I'm giving them a pass lol.  Now that's a gang plank!

I kept waiting for the wolf to kill Arya.  I just knew it was going to happen because of how GoT usually works with shocking us.  I like the character so I was holding my breath! 

Is Friday

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 08:42:38 AM »
"Realistically" Theon wasn't in a good position to do much of anything, anyway. He was outnumbered by a dozen guys. Maybe he'll find his balls at the bottom of the ocean and go rescue his sister later on.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

boog

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
I kept waiting for the wolf to kill Arya.  I just knew it was going to happen because of how GoT usually works with shocking us.  I like the character so I was holding my breath!

Me too! I was just waiting for it and was thinking up obituaries.for Arya in my head while they were face to face. Ah well.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »
That scene with the handmaid and Grey Worm was way too long.

The sand snakes were terrible and I was pleased when they got their shit kicked.

The rest of the episode was alright.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

you've seen more than they could ever know
no matter what they say, you've earned the right to be so bold

Veselka

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
Confusing thing for me:

Iron Islands

Is it wood rich?

Where do they get all the wood to build their 1000 ships?

They don't strike me as lumberjacks due to their sort of rugged, no-menial-labor sort of raider mentality. Do they pillage all the wood from the Forresters?

Refugee

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
Confusing thing for me:

Iron Islands

Is it wood rich?

Where do they get all the wood to build their 1000 ships?

They don't strike me as lumberjacks due to their sort of rugged, no-menial-labor sort of raider mentality. Do they pillage all the wood from the Forresters?

Huh...
Good question.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 11:39:25 AM »
The ships could be plunder and they could be taking lumber and supplies from the shoreline villages they raid.

Whoever designed them definitely went for the "wow cool" factor rather than the realism one, though.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

you've seen more than they could ever know
no matter what they say, you've earned the right to be so bold

Armaddict

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 11:54:20 AM »
"Realistically" Theon wasn't in a good position to do much of anything, anyway. He was outnumbered by a dozen guys. Maybe he'll find his balls at the bottom of the ocean and go rescue his sister later on.

That's what I was wondering.  He was certainly cowardly, but he also has a penchant for surviving some really fucked up shit.  I think he was seeing the battle was lost, seeing the torture coming around, and said 'Fuck that, I'll find another way.  I've already done the torture thing.'

Despite never really being a fan of the character, it -is- in my hopes that he turns around and loyalty overcomes his cowardice...even though he's been disloyal in the past.  It would be an ultimate redemption kinda thing.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Armaddict

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 12:00:22 PM »
However, I'm glad the TV series is staying true to the unpredictability put into R.R.Martin's books.

This is one of my big things.  I don't want things to just settle in neatly to typical fantasy-book endings.

There's still a lot of room for things to go haywire, which I enjoy.  In particular...Melisandre is now in a place with Dany, who holds the Fire Priests in high regard.  That is the opposite for the North.  Jon Snow is bringing Davos with him to that hall.

I just want it to keep surprising me rather than falling neatly into the current 'meta' of Song of Ice and Fire.  XD
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

boog

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 12:09:12 PM »
That scene with the handmaid and Grey Worm was way too long.

The sand snakes were terrible and I was pleased when they got their shit kicked.

The rest of the episode was alright.

Yep. This is me. Plus the greyscale to pot pie transition making me giggle disgustedly.

I just didn't understand the necessity of Grey Worm(less) and the girl. Unless it's because he dies? Or she dies? Superfluous, anyway, because they're not integral to any sort of plot. I sighed and shook my head and muttered, "Hurry up. What is he doing? He doesn't even have a penis."
There is only one boog.