Adding Color to Tdesc

Started by shadeoux, July 15, 2017, 04:48:52 PM

I've had time to utilize TDesc over the last couple months, and I can for certain say, that very RARELY anyone takes note
or notices it.

Is there a way to add color specifically to the Tdesc portion of a desc, so it pops out and other players can see it
without having to read the entire desc. Or move the change to the Tdesc to the top of the char's desc. (though I don't
think this would work as well.)

Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

One thing I've seen and done is to add a blank line at the beginning of the tdesc to separate it off from the mdesc.

I also usually have to emote attention to the tdesc.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on July 15, 2017, 04:51:25 PM
One thing I've seen and done is to add a blank line at the beginning of the tdesc to separate it off from the mdesc.

I also usually have to emote attention to the tdesc.

Emoting attention helps, as does CERTAINLY adding a blank line at the beginning, so it doesn't look to be just part of your mdesc.

Honestly, for most characters, I read their MDESC once to get an idea of who they are, and then go by what they're wearing. Seeing Steve in red leather, as opposed to his normal plate armor FREAKS ME OUT.

However, with look being an hemote now, I definitely look more often, to see tdescs. Put a blank line at the beginning and I'll definitely notice it.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I have gotten into the habit of indenting (with .i) both my main desc and my tdesc so that they stand out from each other.  On those occasions when I forget to indent my main desc on character creation, I usually go ahead and indent my tdesc anyway.

But I wouldn't mind having a color option to color other characters' tdescs either.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.