Aggressive Following - Legit or Code Abuse?

Started by whitt, July 13, 2017, 02:03:21 PM

Certainly now that the code can determine the how of someone being followed we can work on things like, if not exactly, what has been suggested above.

Using hide/sneak skills on the person being chased as a way to elude their pursuer with the right, or new, commands.

Using the environment, such as populated rooms, to indicate a better chance of losing a chaser/shadower.

But also ways to strength the association of hitching/following as something that is done in tandem and with cooperation.  When leading someone through a crowd or the wilderness the leader definitely has to keep them in mind.  Some of the leader's bonuses to climb might even be applicable if you 'follow' someone into a climb room compared to if you are using 'chase'.

Plenty of fertile soil in this aspect of the game.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Cooooool. Dynamic chases incoming!

Will chase attempt to follow through flee? Maybe with watch? I really like the idea of watch involved due to the negative to perception of everything but your target. Ambushes!

Thanks for the quick implementation!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on July 17, 2017, 03:40:44 PM
Thanks for the quick implementation!

+1 Very Cool!
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

I like what has been done, especially unhitching all followers.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: Delirium on July 13, 2017, 02:25:01 PM
I'm just glad someone's out there making the salt flats dangerous.

More please.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Bravo, nessalin.  I appreciate the nuance you've added to it.
Where it will go

I really didn't read into it much... But.. You know when you're on that war-beetle and its following an Inix.. Then suddenly.. You get out-walked.. Wa-BAM eyes opened.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.