Author Topic: How pious are people?  (Read 1264 times)

Malken

Re: How pious are people?
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »
There's also the fact that the higher you get, the less it makes sense for you to interact with 99% of the playerbase.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

nauta

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
This really is offtopic.  If you want to talk about documentation and following it, please start a new topic.  Glass ceilings: another topic.

This topic was supposed to be about ideas and ways of RPing out the piousness that an average citizen might have towards the Highlord, as this is something that is left vague in the documentation itself, although it is hinted at in room echoes, NPCs, and in room descriptions (check the room description outside the west gate of Allanak).

There have been some really good answers and suggestions.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Kankfly

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »
I made a few PCs that were pious, superstitiously so. Those are all born and raised in Allanak. They basically believed that Tek is Almighty (yes, capitalized), and can Solve All Problems, and if he can't then ... it must've been because he willed it so.
I ruin immershunz.

FamousAmos

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 12:56:07 AM »
Yup. Manifested? The Highlord punished you for the crimes you've done. Pockets emptied? You probably didn't attend Devotions often enough. Killed an enemy? Praise the Highlord, for He has blessed you!

Cind

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 02:21:00 AM »
I love playing those people who are so devout that they're well into the crazy stage.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.