Reopen the Akei'Ta Var

Started by Synthesis, July 12, 2017, 12:52:31 PM

The addition of subguild magickers is a change that basically has ATV written all over it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Didn't they briefly re-open a couple years ago?  What was the reason for closing the clan again?

Re-open alla da things!  THE THINGS!  OPEN THEM!

*thumbs up*
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

They're just so remote, being a clan of desert elves that don't really interact with the other established tribes in the game.

With the closure of Tuluk, and their general area being... East and Southeast of Tuluk... they have very little social interaction outside of being "hippie Land Protectors of the East".

That said, I would not mind seeing a less "kill all the gith always forever so many gith omg gith" tribe opened up, but I really think efforts would be better focused on something else. But I do agree, subguild magickers were basically made for the hippie tribe.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on July 12, 2017, 01:16:08 PM
They're just so remote, being a clan of desert elves that don't really interact with the other established tribes in the game.

With the closure of Tuluk, and their general area being... East and Southeast of Tuluk... they have very little social interaction outside of being "hippie Land Protectors of the East".

That said, I would not mind seeing a less "kill all the gith always forever so many gith omg gith" tribe opened up, but I really think efforts would be better focused on something else. But I do agree, subguild magickers were basically made for the hippie tribe.

Pretty sure the ATV camp moved, but whatever happened happened during a period of time that I wasn't' playing the game, so I don't know what up with that.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I love the concept of the ATV, and was able to play one for a bit during its brief re-opening a couple years ago.  IIRC from a staff post, it closed primarily because the main staff member in question who was supporting it is no longer on staff. 

The ATV are territorial though (they have the best territory in the game), so it'd be a bit like playing an SLK.  The closing of Tuluk shouldn't affect their potential for interaction much, however, since there is still northern PCs to interact with.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

July 12, 2017, 01:39:22 PM #6 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:12:59 PM by Riev
Quote from: Synthesis on July 12, 2017, 01:25:09 PM
Quote from: Riev on July 12, 2017, 01:16:08 PM

Pretty sure the ATV camp moved, but whatever happened happened during a period of time that I wasn't' playing the game, so I don't know what up with that.

They are like the Arabet camps now. They're a wandering tribe. I've caught them in a couple different areas, I think.

July 12, 2017, 01:57:28 PM #7 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:58:22 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

July 12, 2017, 02:13:47 PM #8 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:45:44 PM by Delirium

- Delirium

Watch the in-character info, guys. Had to moderate a post. Thanks!

Got to it before I did, someone pointed out I was being naughty. Thanks, hun! Basically, I was saying there's a very good reason this is probably not going to happen right now.

+1 open all the things
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Love the different elf tribes. I want to see them open for play.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Tuluk closing was one of the reasons the ATV were closed again after being open a short while. There were also a few other issues that combined resulted in the tribe's closing around the last gith war. I doubt it will open again anytime soon. While the Anyali fascinate me, it appears staff don't want tribes open that are purely northlands based unless Tuluk is reopened in some form and also Anyali hasn't been open since like 2005? Seems more likely they'd reopen the Jul Tavan, but with Malken contemplating playing again maybe it's a bad idea...  ;)

I really want to have a go at a desert elf again, but the summary for the open tribes just don't give me any desire to play in them.  Am I overly salty about the Red Fangs being vanished years later?  Yep. 

Would give northern hunters some actual opposition and danger, I approve.

Quote from: Inks on August 08, 2017, 06:19:54 AM
Would give northern hunters some actual opposition and danger, I approve.

But it would kind of be the only reason for the ATV to exist, aggravating and bothering Northern Hunters that happen to be hunting on THAT side of Tuluk. I think they'd need to be slightly more fleshed out than "Grasslands Wardens" as they're too often portrayed

August 08, 2017, 09:50:28 AM #21 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 06:23:17 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

The ATV is one of my favorite clans and I'd be happy to see them open for play again. It would really require a staff member to weigh in on the likeliness of that happening, but when I last discussed it with Eurynomos via requests in late 2015 it was obvious the new, expanded docs needed quite a bit of work and a few in-game things needed to be sorted out too - all in all not the smallest of projects. To simplify it, there was neither interest or resources to keep the ATV going and they wanted to focus on the Tablelands instead, in regards to the d-elf tribes (remember, the Gith War HRPT kicked off shortly after). A more living northlands would be great, especially with the ATV around, and who knows, maybe current staff wanna give it a go again. I'd be positively surprised if that's the case!

Open more than one tribe in the northlands at the same time and they'll both have people to interact with and trade with on a regular basis besides rando hunters.

Yes that'd be helpful, but not having other people around wasn't the only or most important issue.