The Brawl Code

Started by nauta, July 08, 2017, 12:56:43 PM

So, some observations/suggestions, in no particular order:

1. Being able to brawl in the city is necessary.  So I'd never ever want to remove the brawl code (except maybe if there is a substantive revision to crimcode to allow brawling anywhere without a criminal response.)

2. The canned emotes are pretty over the top.  Perhaps: change them to much more generic messages, e.g., you manage to get a blow in on your opponent, or you miss, or you can't reach your opponent.  Then let players emote out the rest.

3. Add a lag just like with kill.  This prevents spam 'hit' and it also prevents a 'hit-and-run'.  It also gives people time to emote.

4. Allow kick and bash (i.e., remove kick and bash from crimcode responses).

5. Does brawl actually utilize your skills/stats?  I've seen some pretty crrrrazy unexpected results over the years.

Flavor Ideas:

6. If you brawl an elf as a human (or vice versa), there's a chance that every once in a while a virtual elf (or vice versa) pops into the fight and clocks you.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Other than kick or bash, I'm down with the other changes.

Unless kick or bash can be coded so that in Brawl-Allowed rooms, they don't function as combat skills somehow, allowing the same skill behave different based solely on the room your in is a bit... I don't know. It wouldn't make much sense.

I'm definitely down for more lag, but more stun-damage on certain hits. If you get slugged in the mouth by a brawny Bynner, a couple of those and you're probably pretty much down and out. But the way it is right now, the brawl is really over the top and crazy, and if you have inexperienced brawlers, they could go for In Game HOURS.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I put a fix in maybe six months back that will not allow you to kick, bash, or disarm in a brawl unless you engage the murder command first.

Quote from: Akariel on July 10, 2017, 02:32:22 PM
I put a fix in maybe six months back that will not allow you to kick, bash, or disarm in a brawl unless you engage the murder command first.

ermagerd!  On behalf of all the clan leads that have typed kick instead of dump?  I thank you!
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

July 10, 2017, 03:24:06 PM #4 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:58:53 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on July 10, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

It's just in taverns and other brawl rooms though, right?

:o D'oh, I may have to retract my relief.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: Riev on July 08, 2017, 01:56:38 PM
Other than kick or bash, I'm down with the other changes.

Unless kick or bash can be coded so that in Brawl-Allowed rooms, they don't function as combat skills somehow, allowing the same skill behave different based solely on the room your in is a bit... I don't know. It wouldn't make much sense.

I'm definitely down for more lag, but more stun-damage on certain hits. If you get slugged in the mouth by a brawny Bynner, a couple of those and you're probably pretty much down and out. But the way it is right now, the brawl is really over the top and crazy, and if you have inexperienced brawlers, they could go for In Game HOURS.

It's not just unskilled brawlers.  If you have two maxed brawlers whose primary guild has a higher max base defense than max base offense, they'll sit there and swing at each other for hours and almost always miss each other.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Molten Heart on July 10, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

It's just in taverns and other brawl rooms though, right?

Correct.

Maybe it could be an idea to chuck up a small helpfile about that command. Or add it to the end of the brawl file.

Eg
Help murder.
Use of this command is to allow the use of the kick, bash or disarm skills when in a brawl room, without first using it the commands will do nothing. (Or whatever it is they do)

Just something really simple so that folks know its a thing.

Quote from: Hauwke on July 11, 2017, 10:03:52 PM
Maybe it could be an idea to chuck up a small helpfile about that command. Or add it to the end of the brawl file.

Eg
Help murder.
Use of this command is to allow the use of the kick, bash or disarm skills when in a brawl room, without first using it the commands will do nothing. (Or whatever it is they do)

Just something really simple so that folks know its a thing.

The command is 'kill' and anyone who tries to do an action such as that (kick, bash, disarm) in a tavern will see what they need to do.

Well thats a whole lot simpler than I read it to be. Nevermind then!