Better Analyze

Started by ChibiTama, July 08, 2017, 11:26:05 AM

It would be fantastic if we were able to analyze items that are in the room rather than just in our inventory. This would be especially good for larger items that one would not just randomly pick up to examine it such as crates and chests.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

July 08, 2017, 12:08:56 PM #1 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:59:01 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

It would probably be hard to code but maybe analyzing in shops wouldn't work for items over a certain weight or value?
Something like "I analyzed this cheap ass sword at the shop and figured out how to make it" but "I can't just look at this diamond ring and figure it out by eye, I need to fuck around with it"

It's ok with me that I can't truly analyze things in a store. I just want to be able to tell whether or not it's craftable at all so I don't waste time buying it to analyze it if it's just one of those items that looks craftable but isn't.

Quote from: sleepyhead on July 09, 2017, 09:44:56 AM
It's ok with me that I can't truly analyze things in a store. I just want to be able to tell whether or not it's craftable at all so I don't waste time buying it to analyze it if it's just one of those items that looks craftable but isn't.

This. Having to buy something to examine, inspect, and check the quality in your own time is perfectly alright with me. It helps balance out a bit the fact that crafty characters make a decent amount of coin anyways.

But when you see that really fancy necklace that you want to try and recreate, and its not even a craftable item... you spent coin on literally nothing but a fancy necklace.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Maybe if it just gave you the line about whether you think you could make it or not, for items in stores?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.