Author Topic: Spiced Ale  (Read 776 times)

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
Spiced Ale
« on: July 02, 2017, 06:05:02 PM »
I've had german beer before and it was awefully ''floral'', is the word I'd use to describe it. But it was spicy.
Is it safe to say that Spiced ale tastes like german beer?

or is their really (drug) spice in it?
Live like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Melkor

Re: Spiced Ale
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 07:15:35 PM »
I always thought it was just spiced, like carib beer. Cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Inks

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 07:57:24 PM »
Use taste, it is more like cinammon but also it is a rough drink.
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

solera

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
What is rough?

Hauwke

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »
From memory its taste is described as being fairly terrible.

helix

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 01:33:48 AM »
From memory its taste is described as being fairly terrible.

I believe it actually says something like, 'this tastes like crap' or something like that.

Hauwke

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 02:13:38 AM »
Yeah that or very, very close to it.

sleepyhead

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 04:51:01 AM »
"This crap tastes like strongly spiced ale."

But there might be spiced ale in the game that tastes better than the stuff I'm thinking of.

solera

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
Last year, maybe, the taste messages of several drinks were expanded and upgraded.

sleepyhead

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »
I definitely had the aforementioned echo this year. I always thought it was spice as in the drugs. There are definitely spiced LIQUORS that are spiced with drugs so I just assumed ale was the same deal.

Molten Heart

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 03:15:24 PM »
I'm going to venture a guess that spiced ale is made with spice, the kind you smoke and sniff.

I'm basing this on two things.

- One is that spiced ale generally can't be found inside Allanak where spice is illegal. If spiced ale has real spice in it, this is a good explanation.

- Spiced ale tastes like crap. If someone is putting something in the ale to make it taste better, like some spices, why would it taste like crap? It might taste like crap if they are putting spice in it, the kind that gets you high. Many drinks alcoholic drinks are an acquired taste (they taste like crap) but people only drink them because they have a lot of intoxicating punch.

I believe spiced ale is a little more intoxicating than a regular ale, attributing this to the spice content (which must only be a small amount of spice because of the subtle potency difference). And I'm just basing this on my own observation/opinion.

Synthesis

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 03:52:13 PM »
I've had german beer before and it was awefully ''floral'', is the word I'd use to describe it. But it was spicy.
Is it safe to say that Spiced ale tastes like german beer?

or is their really (drug) spice in it?

"German beer?"

What, exactly, do you mean by that?  There are a number of traditionally German styles that can be drastically different.  However, I can't think of a typical German style that would be described primarily as "awfully floral" and "spicy."  It sounds like maybe you were drinking a Belgian Tripel spiced with coriander.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »
This crap opens with a bold blast of spicy Noble hops, courtesy of Saaz and Hallertau Mittlefruh, and gives way to the fruity aromas offered by our traditional Belgian yeast.
"You know you've been playing too much Armageddon when you overhear one co-worker say to another, 'Grab your hat and let's go for a walk outside,' and you have this sinking feeling like someone's not coming back from that chat." - Gimfalisette

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 01:21:28 PM »
I'm going to venture a guess that spiced ale is made with spice, the kind you smoke and sniff.

I'm basing this on two things.

- One is that spiced ale generally can't be found inside Allanak where spice is illegal. If spiced ale has real spice in it, this is a good explanation.

- Spiced ale tastes like crap. If someone is putting something in the ale to make it taste better, like some spices, why would it taste like crap? It might taste like crap if they are putting spice in it, the kind that gets you high. Many drinks alcoholic drinks are an acquired taste (they taste like crap) but people only drink them because they have a lot of intoxicating punch.

I believe spiced ale is a little more intoxicating than a regular ale, attributing this to the spice content (which must only be a small amount of spice because of the subtle potency difference). And I'm just basing this on my own observation/opinion.

Actually spiced ale is brewed by Kurac and sold in Kuraci establishments. It doesn't have to have drugs in it. I've always thought it was just strong, cheap ale flavored with some sort of spice (much like, yes, a crappy Belgian style lager).
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

Pale Horse

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »
A lot of this may have to be "find out IG" territory.  I know for a fact that some of the "spiced" drinks are laced with actual spice and some are spiced with what we'd consider "normal" spices.

If it helps, a lot of the taste messages will give good hints as to which is which..except the heavily spiced crap that Kurac sells.  Find out IG on that, I suppose.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
I dunno. I heard somewhere germans like have priests that bless every cask of beer or something.
I don't know if it's a lie, but it sounds really cool.

I wish I remember what I'd drank.
Live like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Kialae

• Publicity Coordinator
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »
This inexorable crap tastes like methelinoc just punched you in the fucking brain.

Cind

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 05:33:13 AM »
You'd think people would be able to tell just by drinking it, at least where its usually served.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

sleepyhead

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 08:12:38 AM »
I dunno. I heard somewhere germans like have priests that bless every cask of beer or something.
I don't know if it's a lie, but it sounds really cool.

I wish I remember what I'd drank.
me

Well, there is Belgian abbey ale, which is literally made by monks in monasteries. Some of the best beer in the world.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 01:03:17 PM »
I've had moonshine made by Monks at a Catholic school in Alabama, does that count? They also made very good wine, but the corn whisky was top-notch.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.