Weird/crazy things you do while waiting for requests to be filled

Started by SaraD, July 01, 2017, 06:13:50 PM

I have a really bad habit of forgetting my password, so every time I have to take a hiatus from ARM I end up staring this issue in the eye. The same happens when waiting on new character approval. And despite the awesomeness of the staff and how hard they try to keep on top of new requests, players are always gonna be chomping at the bit to get playing again, so I'm curious what kind of nutty ticks any of you have developed to cope with the wait. I tend to just binge the docs and write up ideas in text docs for what I'd like to do when I finally get approved and back into playing. That and chainsmoke furiously.

I'm curious what kind of strange rituals other players have for retaining sanity during the request wait times. xD If you have any weird rituals or ways of keeping sane while frantically refreshing your email, feel free to share.

(yes, this post in and of itself is part of coping <.<)

Quote from: SaraD on July 01, 2017, 06:13:50 PM
If you have any weird rituals or ways of keeping sane

I too was looking for some methods and rituals, but then ... it became too late for me.

"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

I've literally had requests for characters answered within 1-2 hours of submission. Sometimes you just catch a hard-working reviewer when they're active.

When I don't have a PC? I do homework. I do real work. I play Dishonored, or Marvel Heroes. I do other things until my character is approved, then I never stop playing everrr.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I spamcraft in the kitchen, preparing for the inevitable Armageddon marathon to come.

I tend to play several games simultaneously.  like literally I keep all three running at the same time, as well as having a movie or music playing.  right now its XCOM2, Mechwarrior Online, and Arm.  so I always have distractions available.  thank god for ADHD.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson